Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino simulator.  (Read 5394 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

There is a project to finish the development of a graphical real-time circuit simulator that integrates arduino boards.

Regards.

Updated 12-11-12

Pre-alpha version available: http://sourceforge.net/projects/simulide/
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 08:36:56 am by arcachofo » Logged

Global Moderator
Netherlands
Shannon Member
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, however in practice there are many...
View Profile

looks good!!

maybe add it to this thread too - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,98306.0.html - (for completeness)

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

View Profile

Thanks robtillaart.

Well... this is still a project and not yet an "arduino simulator" (1), and there is a lot of work to do to it usable, i'll add it to mentioned thread when a relese is available.

(1) Or it is? i just wrote my first update: basic arduino uno board blinking a led. (updates tab in the project)

Regards.

View Profile

I'm interested ... I'll be awaiting a beta version smiley

Thanks!

View Profile

Great Job!!, but don't you think "Proteus" can do the same and more?

View Profile

Great Job!!, but don't you think "Proteus" can do the same and more?
Thanks!

Yes Proteus can do a lot more... afther you learn to use it, this simulator wants to be simple and easy to use.
I find Proteus too complex, slow to use even when you learn the basics, dificult to find components in libraries, need to change tool for add components, wire then, move or do other thigs... i needed lot of time just to figure out what the hell i have to do to put a simple resistor in the circuit.

I think Proteus it's a very good app for professionals, specially if you can pay license, but not good for hobbist that just want to have a few generic components at hand, drag and drop in the circuit and hook then fast and easy, no lot of icons, lot of libraries, lot of screens, lot of time to learn the lots of features...

Proteus is a comercial aplication, this one will be free and open source, i opened the contributions campaign to have a release in a reasonable period of time, if i can't work in it full time for a few mounth it's dificult to have something working in Windows and Linux in short time.
If i just work in it in my sparse time, may be i need  years instead of mounths.

The idea is also that contributors can participate in the development process, proposing and voting features, components or anything they would like to have in the simulator.

Next step will be integrate a code-editor/debugger/compiler so it will be possible: create sketches, compile, debug/simulate, and upload to real boards... but this will be in the future... i hope..

Regards.

View Profile

Pre-alpha version available: http://sourceforge.net/projects/simulide/

Denmark
Edison Member
Happy Hobbyist
View Profile

I tried to install your simulator but got the message: missing libgcc_s.dw2-1.dll

I know I could just google it, but dll's are known for being infected with virus.

View Profile

Hi Enri. thanks for the info.

I think that's a MinGW/gcc library, maybe i should compile that libs static. But in this moment i haven't a windows system at hand and i will be out for some days, maybe i can try to solve it in a week.

A work around could be installing MinGW and adding the compiler's bin directory to your PATH: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/

Any help with Windows version is very wellcome.

Best regards.

View Profile

The windows version is working now, i just uploaded the new installer.

Greetings.

View Profile

Hello, I love the GUI of your simulator, IMO the best so far. I've tried the version you've uploded to sourceforge and find it very intuitive to use.

Any plans on making a LCD screen soon, many applications use such screens in various sizes (16x2, 16,4 or 20x4)?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: