Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Interface with android  (Read 610 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I want to capture up to 25 digital inputs and 1 analogue input.
These will be sent to the android phone via USB.
The arduino must be powered by a rechargable battery.
The phone must not pull power from the arduino.

I want to get some inputs via the arduino from a melodeon with the reeds taken out. The digital inputs will be from the buttons on the melodeon and  a pressure/vacuum switch (to sense bellows direction). The analogue input will measure the pressure in the bellows, maybe through a strain gauge.

The signals will go to the phone so that software on the phone can produce tones equal to the notes depending on button pressed and bellows direction in/out (+ve pressure/-ve pressure)

The analogue input may be used to control the volume - higher pressure = more volume.

The user will listen via headphones from the phone so as not to disturb neighbors.

Is it possible?

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

Is it possible?
Almost anything's possible.

I want to get some inputs via the arduino from a melodeon with the reeds taken out. The digital inputs will be from the buttons on the melodeon and  a pressure/vacuum switch (to sense bellows direction). The analogue input will measure the pressure in the bellows, maybe through a strain gauge.
This part is, if you wire stuff correctly.

The signals will go to the phone so that software on the phone can produce tones equal to the notes depending on button pressed and bellows direction in/out (+ve pressure/-ve pressure)
This depends on which Arduino you use, how you connect it to the phone, and how you program the phone. We can't tell how you intend to do that, so we can't tell if it is possible.

The user will listen via headphones from the phone so as not to disturb neighbors.
This might not be possible.

View Profile

I agree with pauls.

Dashquid
fatlossprofessional.co.uk
fatlossprofessional
mobilehelper
securetrip
whichpetcover
google
abc
facebook
craigslist
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 12:04:53 am by warunasanjaya11 » Logged

Gosport, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

I was going to suggest using midi, but apparently Android doesn't support streaming midi input.

Edison Member
View Profile

You could even go bluetooth and be remote from the device, al depends on your android programming
I looked into that kind of programming and it seems a bit intense and more complicated than the arduino ide so good luck

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: