Go Down

Topic: Arduino library for WTV020-SD-16P audio module (Read 214316 times) previous topic - next topic

Oct 16, 2016, 12:08 pm Last Edit: Oct 16, 2016, 03:05 pm by Torzomborz

I am trying to develop a coffee vending machine for nespresso coffee capsules. Previously I was selling these capsules for colleagues using a honesty box, unfortunately  it did not fulfill its purpose so now I am going to use a light sensor for a box with a lid, a plush figure and a "Cat Steal Money Coin Saving Box" together. The plush figure is going to scream and say some bad sort of things about cheating and stealing if people open the box without paying. Unfortunately the hidden speaker in the plush figure was not loud enough so I decided to use the pin 2 of WTV020-SD-16P module with a LM386 Audio Amplifier.

I had a click sound every time when a sound file was played and stopped but that one is sorted with a coupling capacitor, however I still have some annoying noise when the sound files start to play for a few seconds and a chopper like noise in the background all the time. Both things are bad enough not to accept this setup.

When you talk about the

"- Low Pass Filter (~100nF/~100ohm) and coupling capacitor (~1uF) on the audio output"

do you mean the pin 2?

How are "low pass filter" and the "coupling capacitor" applied exactly? Do you have a schematic? A hand made one would do.

Thank you.

I think i know this chopper-sound ;)

Last time I used this converter (scroll down the page) and it worked much better than before.
It applies some normalization and converts it to the best possible format.
There is also has another arduino-sketch for controlling the the wtv020.

At first I also used an pam8403 (small digital amplifier) but it resulted in very loud background noise and this chopper-sound. I tried pin 2 and also the speaker output pin 4/5. I also tried to lower its input impedance by using small resistors in parallel, but it did not help.

In the end I just connected the speaker to the speaker output of the wtv020 and it worked fine, without noise.
You can try a low pass (something like 100nF/220ohm) but I think it won't help.
Maybe it's Nestl├ęs bad Karma that's after you ;)

Actually I would never again use this module. It's cheap but all the wasted time is not worth it.

If you have a really short sound, you could also try an Arduino+PCMaudio.

Once I used a sound module like this, which worked very well and sounded great:

For small budged projects you could try one of these (I did not try them yet!):

JQ6500 which has an inbuilt (small) memory accessible by just connecting it to USB.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131