Go Down

Topic: Help with Serial Monitor Read-Outs (Read 807 times) previous topic - next topic

gmbroh

3.69<cr><lf>

Six characters, 32Hz maximum at 9600.

Sorry but I dont understand what you mean. Is even possible to read/collect/record more that 5 data points when using the ADC ?

gmbroh

I would like to collect at least 20 readingw in each cycle where my maximum frequency is 60Hz. Is that possible ?

AWOL

I would like to collect at least 20 readingw in each cycle where my maximum frequency is 60Hz. Is that possible ?

20 * 60 = 1200.
Sample rate using standard analogRead is around 9500 samples per second.
So, yes, you can collect that many samples, though you'd be hard-pressed to display them in real-time, and certainly not a 9600 baud.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

PeterH

Yes, but you would need to collect and store them locally and then send them over the serial port later - the serial port is not fast enough to transfer the sample data in real time.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Go Up