Go Down

Topic: Interfacing to Nokia 6230i Pop port, for AT cmd (Read 2046 times) previous topic - next topic

njensen

Hi, i'm new to the Arduino world and also to AT commands. I know it has been discussed a lot but i need a bit of help.

I have made some code that can send the msg "AT" to hyperterminal, and some code that should detect if the "OK" comes back. This is working.

I have tested the the phone supports AT commands, and i have managed to send sms through Hyper Terminal. This is working.

I have made a cable connecting (phone -> arduino USB B-plug):
 Pop port "D+" to Arduino "D-"
 Pop port "D-" to Arduino "D+"
 Pop port "Data Ground" to Arduino "Ground"

The cable is direct i.e. no level change. I actually don't know if this is ok !

Well - it doesn't work... When i connect the phone and the Arduino i do not receive any "OK" msg from the phone. I have tried different speeds any so, and it all seem to work betweem hyperterninal and the phone, and between arduino and hyperterminal.

any idea ?  ... my code is below..

void setup ()
{
 pinMode(13,OUTPUT);
 Serial.begin(115200);
 //Serial.println("ATZ&F");
 //delay(5000);  
 //Serial.println("AT&K[0]");
 //delay(2000);
}

void loop()
{
 inCount = 0;
 Serial.flush();
 digitalWrite(13, HIGH);

Serial.println("AT");

do {
   while (!Serial.available())
       {
       }

digitalWrite(13, LOW);
   inString[inCount] = Serial.read();    

if (inString [inCount] == INTERMINATOR) break;
     } while(++inCount < INLENGTH);

inString[inCount] = 0;                     // null terminate the string

if(0==strcmp(inString,"OK"))
   {
         Serial.println("OK-Recieved");

digitalWrite(13, HIGH);
         delay(200);
         digitalWrite(13, LOW);
         delay(1000);
         digitalWrite(13, HIGH);
         delay(200);

}

delay(10000);
}

Ran Talbott

I actually don't know if this is ok !

It's not:  there's no async serial data on those pins.  They're for USB.

You need to connect the Arduino's RX,  TX pins and ground to the phone.  Possibly through a 5V-to-3.3V level converter (I don't know whether the Nokia's input is 5V-tolerant).

njensen

Hi Ran, thx for the reply.

i had a feeling i was doing something wrong. So i need to use the tx rx pins. Is that digital pin 0 & 1 ? (http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/SoftwareSerial). Is it correct understood that the data communicated with the serial libary to the Usb-b plug is also available on pin 0 & 1 (sort of in parallel)?

It seems there are some limitations of serial comm on pin 0 & 1 due to it's a sw implementation only, but i guess i can live with that, if everybody else can.

i guess i need to check wheather in can take the 5v signal before trying.

PaulS

So i need to use the tx rx pins. Is that digital pin 0 & 1 ?

Yes.

It seems there are some limitations of serial comm on pin 0 & 1 due to it's a sw implementation only

Serial communication of pins 0 and 1 is a hardware implementation. Serial communication using other than pins 0 and 1 is a software implementation. On other than the Mega which supports multiple hardware serial ports, that is.

luke123

Hi just wondering if you had any luck with this ?

Im hoping on doing the same with the nokia 6230i  . I want to read sms messages . Did you get this working ? even though the usb lead .

any info would be great.

luke

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy