Go Down

Topic: iphone to xbee :) (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Is there anyone who has messed with the XBee module? I have just invested in one and wish I could put it up to be able to talk with an iPhone without needing a computer . I've made a few experiments with Arduino and Processing, but then I run it through a PC and I would rather not.
initially, I could just press my iphone and turn on an LED.
is there anyone who has experience in the field or fiddling with it like me?

I believe you may need a jailbroken phone. Maybe. If you get it to work on a non jailbroken phone (snding commands wiressly from iPhone) let me know :). Need put my 3gs to good use

You are correct - you need a jailbroken iPhone.  Without it, iPhone's are unable to talk to external hardware; unless you can sign up in an exclusive developer program for iPhone hardware partners (which is different than the normal development program.)

Another option would be to create an Arduino + Network Shield + Xbee circuit, and then use the web browser in the iPhone to interact with the Arduino/Xbee circuit.

You best best is jailbreaking the iPhone, and then running a terminal program on it to talk to the XBee via TTL Serial.

If i will jailbreak my iphone how I will connect it to the xbee modules..???
L'impossibile...richiede solo piu' tempo!

If i will jailbreak my iphone how I will connect it to the xbee modules..???

With this?

L'impossibile...richiede solo piu' tempo!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131