Go Down

Topic: Arduino Nano version 3.0 is here! (Read 2570 times) previous topic - next topic

Gravitech

[size=30]Arduino Nano v3.0[/size]

[size=20]Order now and save 15% OFF. $29.74
PRE-ORDER offer, ship July 27, 2009

Click here to find out more:
[/size]
http://store.gravitech.us/arna30wiatp.html

whosawhatsis

Is the eagle file available anywhere? I also think I remember seeing a parts list for the original, I'd be interested to see what changed. Is that a Murata resonator? I've been using their PTH package, and I've been thinking about trying the SMD.

whosawhatsis

I spotted a couple of errors in the schematic on the page linked, but since you only seem to be interested in using this thread for advertising, I won't bother specifying where the errors are.

Gravitech

Eagle file is now available on the product page http://store.gravitech.us/arna30wiatp.html. We don't have the part list for this new version yet. The ceramic resonator is Murata P/N CSTCE16M0V53-R0. It is a very good resonator.

whosawhatsis

Ah, thanks.

You might want to check your capacitor/resistor values.

Gravitech

Jul 21, 2009, 09:35 pm Last Edit: Jul 21, 2009, 09:37 pm by coolguy Reason: 1
They are all fixed. Thanks for pointing them out.  :) Sorry for the slow response. We've been busy building boards.

whosawhatsis

No problem. Based on the video, it looks like they take a lot of manpower to make ;)

whosawhatsis

Jul 21, 2009, 09:52 pm Last Edit: Jul 22, 2009, 02:32 pm by whosawhatsis Reason: 1
Oh, I was also wondering why you have 10uF and .1uF caps to ground on both sides of D1 (+5v and VUSB), but none on VIN. Seems like an odd choice...

whosawhatsis

I knew something else looked wrong, the board pictured is also assembled with the resistors reversed. I hope that was a prototype, and you haven't been mass-producing them that way...

Mike Perks

Jul 23, 2009, 01:13 am Last Edit: Jul 23, 2009, 04:31 am by mikeperks Reason: 1
...the board pictured is also assembled with the resistors reversed
I hope that is not a serious comment. Unless I am missing something the resistor packages can be mounted either way around.

BTW The Nano advertising is incorrect. The Oak Micros om328p Arduino compatible is the "smallest, complete, and breadboard friendly" Arduino. It also uses round 18mil pins which make it much easier to insert and remove from a breadboard or DIP socket. Switching the order of the A0-A7 pins means that the new Nano incompatible with the previous version especially if you were using I2C.

Note that use of a resonator is generally inferior to a crystal as used by the previous version of the Nano. The referenced resonator has an accuracy of 5000 parts in a million (0.5%) versus 30 or 50 in a million for a crystal. This could make all the difference between being able to download at 9600 baud or not. With an exact frequency of 16 MHz is the error is 0.2% @ 9600 baud. With the resonator this error could increase significantly. Here is a recent thread on this very subject.
Mike Perks
oakmicros.com
See our om328p Arduino Compatible

whosawhatsis

...the board pictured is also assembled with the resistors reversed
I hope that is not a serious comment. Unless I am missing something the resistor packages can be mounted either way around.

No, I mean they're in the wrong places. The 102 is where the 681 should be, and vice versa. You can tell because the schematic shows an unused 1K resistor, and the only one with no traces connected is on the 681.

Mike Perks

Yes you are correct. The resistors are in the wrong places on all of the photographs. The published Eagle schematic on their webpage also shows 330 Ohms instead of 680 Ohms as well.
Mike Perks
oakmicros.com
See our om328p Arduino Compatible

Go Up