Go Down

Topic: Uploading problem (Read 2125 times) previous topic - next topic

Make

Hello!
I can't upload any program to my Arduino. When I try to upload a program this error shows up: avrdude: ser_send(): write error: sorry no info avail. I already tried everything on the toubleshooting page but nothing helped. Any suggestions what shoud I do now? Or is my Arduino just broken? Also, when Arduino is connected to the computer the Arduino program becomes very slow.

Board: Duemilanove 328

baum

Hi Make!

Usually that error comes from a Serial port problem.

Make sure that you have the right serial port selected (under Tools>Serial Port) and that you installed the USB driver.

Hope it helps!

Make

I made sure that I have the right port selected but still I can't upload programs. :(

Mark Sullivan

This is probably a dumb question, but are you sure you have the right board type selected?

Make

Yes. I made sure that I have the right board selected.

baum

But have you installed the driver from FTDI?

Grumpy_Mike

Has this ever worked in the past? Or is this a new installation you are trying to get to work?

Make

My Arduino has worked without problems in the past. The problem occured just a little while ago.

archembo

did you do anything that might have dammaged your board?

Irata

I'm a newbie.  Had my Arduino Duemilanove for couple weeks.  Completed couple dozen tutorials and other sketches.  Now, all of the sudden, can't upload anymore.  Sounds like same as Make's problem.  Correct USB port, correct board.  Plug into usb - PWR LED on, TX/RX both flash 3 times, LED on pin 13 flashes several times.  Upload attempt only RX blinks 3 times -  then once several seconds later.  Window Vista error is:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

On Mac, plug into usb - PWR LED on, TX/RX both flash 2 or 3 times much more rapidly than PC, LED on pin 13 does not flash.  Upload attempt only RX blinks 3 times -  then once several seconds later.
Mac OSX (10.6.4 most recent) error is:
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

I tried everything I read on this forum and couple others.  Also reinstalled everything.  Have I damaged my board?

Make

did you do anything that might have dammaged your board?
I think no. I have just connected a few motors, leds and an ultrasonic ranger. I followed the instructions carefully before connecting anything.

mgt6910

I produced this error by screwing my arduino to a piece of foam-board without spacers. A capacitance effect interfered with the USB connection. Check clearance underneath the board.

Make

Aug 22, 2010, 12:20 pm Last Edit: Aug 22, 2010, 12:21 pm by Make Reason: 1
Check clearance underneath the board.
I made sure that nothing touches underneath the board.

retrolefty

I made sure that nothing touches underneath the board.

I hand tighten three 1" nylon flat head screws into the three holes in my Arduino board, acts like table legs, and that keeps up and out of harms way.

Lefty

vanakaru

The same happened to my second arduino board. With the first one (original duemilanove) I may have pressed reset for too long, because I got frustrated. But the nano just stopped loading programs with the same error - programmer does not respond - without any clue.
I tried to burn bootloader that did not change anything.

Go Up