Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How to Build Arduino via Eclipse Java?  (Read 757 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Any known guide of how to do this?
This is what I know:
* Download the source code (the svn checkout on google code).
* Load the build.xml file from the "<arduino source folder>/app" folder using ant from within Eclipse Java.
* Try to run processing.run.base (or?).
* this is where I stopped (I got errors).

* Note:
- I'm new to Eclipse Java.
- I use Ubuntu 10.04
- If I've done something wrong, or if you know how to do it with another IDE, I'll be happy if you let me know.

Basically I just want to be able to debug the whole thing eventually, but the first step would be building it.

Oh and another thing, the build process using the terminal which is explained on the wiki at google code doesn't work:
Code:
victor@victor-desktop:~/Documents/OpenSource/arduinoro2/build$ ant
Buildfile: build.xml

build:

revision-check:

linux-checkos:

subprojects-build:

compile:
  [methods] No changes to PApplet API.
    [mkdir] Created dir: /home/victor/Documents/OpenSource/arduinoro2/core/bin
    [javac] Compiling 34 source files to /home/victor/Documents/OpenSource/arduinoro2/core/bin

build:
      [jar] Building jar: /home/victor/Documents/OpenSource/arduinoro2/core/core.jar

compile:
    [mkdir] Created dir: /home/victor/Documents/OpenSource/arduinoro2/app/bin
    [javac] Compiling 67 source files to /home/victor/Documents/OpenSource/arduinoro2/app/bin
    [javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

build:
      [jar] Building jar: /home/victor/Documents/OpenSource/arduinoro2/app/pde.jar

linux-build:
    [mkdir] Created dir: /home/victor/Documents/OpenSource/arduinoro2/build/linux/work
     [copy] Copying 15 files to /home/victor/Documents/OpenSource/arduinoro2/build/linux/work
     [copy] Copying 1 file to /home/victor/Documents/OpenSource/arduinoro2/build/linux/work
     [copy] Copying 6 files to /home/victor/Documents/OpenSource/arduinoro2/build/linux/work/lib

assemble:
     [copy] Copying 3 files to /home/victor/Documents/OpenSource/arduinoro2/build/linux/work/tools
     [copy] Copied 5 empty directories to 2 empty directories under /home/victor/Documents/OpenSource/arduinoro2/build/linux/work/tools
     [copy] Copying 88 files to /home/victor/Documents/OpenSource/arduinoro2/build/linux/work/libraries
     [copy] Copied 57 empty directories to 1 empty directory under /home/victor/Documents/OpenSource/arduinoro2/build/linux/work/libraries
     [copy] Copying 41 files to /home/victor/Documents/OpenSource/arduinoro2/build/linux/work/hardware
     [copy] Copying 47 files to /home/victor/Documents/OpenSource/arduinoro2/build/linux/work/examples
    [unzip] Expanding: /home/victor/Documents/OpenSource/arduinoro2/build/shared/reference.zip into /home/victor/Documents/OpenSource/arduinoro2/build/linux/work
     [copy] Copying 2 files to /home/victor/Documents/OpenSource/arduinoro2/build/linux/work/hardware
     [copy] Copying 1 file to /home/victor/Documents/OpenSource/arduinoro2/build/linux/work

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 8 seconds
victor@victor-desktop:~/Documents/OpenSource/arduinoro2/build$ ant run
Buildfile: build.xml

run:

revision-check:

linux-checkos:

subprojects-build:

compile:
  [methods] No changes to PApplet API.

build:

compile:

build:

linux-build:

assemble:
    [unzip] Expanding: /home/victor/Documents/OpenSource/arduinoro2/build/shared/reference.zip into /home/victor/Documents/OpenSource/arduinoro2/build/linux/work

linux-run:

BUILD FAILED
/home/victor/Documents/OpenSource/arduinoro2/build/build.xml:33: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/victor/Documents/OpenSource/arduinoro2/build/build.xml:310: Execute failed: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "linux/work/arduino" (in directory "/home/victor/Documents/OpenSource/arduinoro2/build/linux/work"): java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 12:20:01 am by Yocttar » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: