Go Down

Topic: Virtual Wire compile error (Read 2857 times) previous topic - next topic

HULK

Jul 18, 2009, 03:42 pm Last Edit: Jul 18, 2009, 03:42 pm by HULK Reason: 1
When i try to compile one of the virtual wire examples from the download library at http://www.open.com.au/mikem/arduino/VirtualWire-1.3.zip
i get following error message, something wrong in the library or could it be just my fault?

Code: [Select]
In file included from C:\Program Files\Arduino\arduino-0015\hardware\cores\arduino/WProgram.h:6,

c:/program files/arduino/arduino-0015/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/math.h:439: error: expected unqualified-id before 'double'

c:/program files/arduino/arduino-0015/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/math.h:439: error: expected `)' before 'double'

c:/program files/arduino/arduino-0015/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/math.h:439: error: expected `)' before 'double'

follower

AFAIK it's the same error introduced by a change in Arduino-0015 I'm pretty sure the fix has been covered in the forums.

--Phil.

HULK

Strange is that i have the same error with Arduino-0012 and 0014?

In file included from C:\Program Files\Arduino\arduino-0012\hardware\cores\arduino/WProgram.h:6,

c:/program files/arduino/arduino-0012/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/math.h:439: error: expected unqualified-id before 'double'

c:/program files/arduino/arduino-0012/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/math.h:439: error: expected `)' before 'double'

c:/program files/arduino/arduino-0012/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/math.h:439: error: expected `)' before 'double'

HULK

Made a search on th error "math.h:439" and found no solution to it, only one post by somebody else that notice the issue.

I also removed the o-file in the library to be sure that it as not that messing up things but no change.

follower

Try searching the forums (with Google) for "expected unqualified-id before".

--Phil.

HULK

Jul 19, 2009, 11:25 am Last Edit: Jul 19, 2009, 11:25 am by HULK Reason: 1
Now i got it right.
Adding this to the code before compiling did solve the issue.

#undef int
#undef abs
#undef double
#undef float
#undef round

Thanks Phil

mikem

You should not see this error with arduino-0016 or later.

HULK

Almost works with IDE 16 .
Error code i get is:

c:/program files/arduino/arduino-0016/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/math.h:439: error: expected `)' before 'double'

c:/program files/arduino/arduino-0016/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/math.h:439: error: expected `)' before 'double'

Need to add only :
#undef round

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy