Go Down

Topic: arduino svn compile bug (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic

johnm1019

Feb 04, 2008, 02:14 am Last Edit: Feb 04, 2008, 02:14 am by johnm1019 Reason: 1
When attempting to compile on 64 gentoo with the lastest of all deps built locally I get errors from the make.sh script.  It errors due to deprecation issues.  It advises to add -Xlint:deprecation to the build command

editing the make.sh to add that i get the following

~/arduino-svn/build/linux $ sudo ./make.sh
Copying shared and core files...
Copying examples...
Copying dist files...
Building the PDE...
tools/DiscourseFormat.java:6: warning: unmappable character for encoding ASCII
 Copyright (c) 2005-06 Ignacio Manuel Gonz?lez Moreta
                                          ^
../core/PGraphics.java:2296: warning: [deprecation] getFontMetrics(java.awt.Font) in java.awt.Toolkit has been deprecated
         Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().getFontMetrics(textFontNative);
                                    ^
tools/Archiver.java:105: warning: [deprecation] show() in java.awt.Dialog has been deprecated
   fd.show();
     ^
Editor.java:1083: warning: [deprecation] show() in java.awt.Window has been deprecated
         find.show();
             ^
Editor.java:1235: warning: [deprecation] show() in java.awt.Window has been deprecated
   window.show();
         ^
Editor.java:1640: warning: [deprecation] show() in java.awt.Dialog has been deprecated
       dialog.show();
             ^
Sketch.java:816: warning: [deprecation] show() in java.awt.Dialog has been deprecated
   fd.show();
     ^
Sketch.java:954: warning: [deprecation] show() in java.awt.Dialog has been deprecated
   fd.show();
     ^
syntax/JEditTextArea.java:164: warning: [deprecation] isManagingFocus() in javax.swing.JComponent has been deprecated
 public final boolean isManagingFocus()
                      ^
Sketchbook.java:179: warning: [deprecation] show() in java.awt.Dialog has been deprecated
     fd.show();
       ^
Sketchbook.java:328: warning: [deprecation] show() in java.awt.Dialog has been deprecated
   fd.show();
     ^
FindReplace.java:228: warning: [deprecation] hide() in java.awt.Window has been deprecated
   hide();
   ^
syntax/TextAreaPainter.java:77: warning: [deprecation] isManagingFocus() in javax.swing.JComponent has been deprecated
 public final boolean isManagingFocus()
                      ^
syntax/TextAreaPainter.java:360: warning: [deprecation] getFontMetrics(java.awt.Font) in java.awt.Toolkit has been deprecated
   fm = Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().getFontMetrics(font);
                                   ^
syntax/SyntaxStyle.java:102: warning: [deprecation] getFontMetrics(java.awt.Font) in java.awt.Toolkit has been deprecated
   fontMetrics = Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().getFontMetrics(
                                            ^
Base.java:158: warning: [deprecation] show() in java.awt.Window has been deprecated
   editor.show();
         ^
Base.java:545: warning: [deprecation] show() in java.awt.Dialog has been deprecated
     fd.show();
       ^
Preferences.java:547: warning: [deprecation] show() in java.awt.Window has been deprecated
   dialog.show();
         ^
RunnerClassLoader.java:89: warning: [deprecation] toURL() in java.io.File has been deprecated
       return searchResource.toURL();
                            ^
19 warnings

Done.

I would've filed it on a bug tracker but i couldn't find one.

mellis

Those all look like warnings.  It'd be better if they weren't there, but they shouldn't cause a problem.  Did you have other errors in the build process?  Did the application run?

johnm1019

Feb 04, 2008, 04:19 am Last Edit: Feb 04, 2008, 04:21 am by johnm1019 Reason: 1
I get
$ ./run.sh

(<unknown>:1321): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to add a widget with type GtkButton to a GtkComboBoxEntry (need an instance of GtkEntry or of a subclass)

(<unknown>:1321): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_realize: assertion `GTK_WIDGET_ANCHORED (widget) || GTK_IS_INVISIBLE (widget)' failed

(<unknown>:1321): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_paint_box: assertion `style->depth == gdk_drawable_get_depth (window)' failed

(<unknown>:1321): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_paint_box: assertion `style->depth == gdk_drawable_get_depth (window)' failed

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no rxtxSerial in java.library.path thrown while loading gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no rxtxSerial in java.library.path
     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1682)
     at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
     at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1030)
     at gnu.io.CommPortIdentifier.<clinit>(CommPortIdentifier.java:83)
     at processing.app.Editor.populateSerialMenu(Editor.java:903)
     at processing.app.Editor.buildToolsMenu(Editor.java:800)
     at processing.app.Editor.<init>(Editor.java:190)
     at processing.app.Base.<init>(Base.java:149)
     at processing.app.Base.main(Base.java:104)

The GTK errors occur while loading the dialog that asks me to pick my sketch directory.

After I do that, and press ok, nothing comes up and the error about the linker comes up :(

It should be noted that this is after I deleted librxtxSerial.so.

If svn-update which restores the file, rm -rf work and then rebuild it and re-run it i get another error

$ ./run.sh

(<unknown>:1492): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to add a widget with type GtkButton to a GtkComboBoxEntry (need an instance of GtkEntry or of a subclass)

(<unknown>:1492): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_realize: assertion `GTK_WIDGET_ANCHORED (widget) || GTK_IS_INVISIBLE (widget)' failed

(<unknown>:1492): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_paint_box: assertion `style->depth == gdk_drawable_get_depth (window)' failed

(<unknown>:1492): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_paint_box: assertion `style->depth == gdk_drawable_get_depth (window)' failed

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/jm/arduino-svn/build/linux/work/lib/librxtxSerial.so: /home/jm/arduino-svn/build/linux/work/lib/librxtxSerial.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch) thrown while loading gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/jm/arduino-svn/build/linux/work/lib/librxtxSerial.so: /home/jm/arduino-svn/build/linux/work/lib/librxtxSerial.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)
     at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1751)
     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1676)
     at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
     at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1030)
     at gnu.io.CommPortIdentifier.<clinit>(CommPortIdentifier.java:83)
     at processing.app.Editor.populateSerialMenu(Editor.java:903)
     at processing.app.Editor.buildToolsMenu(Editor.java:800)
     at processing.app.Editor.<init>(Editor.java:190)
     at processing.app.Base.<init>(Base.java:149)
     at processing.app.Base.main(Base.java:104)

mellis

You need a version of RXTX that's compiled for your system, and you need to put it in place of the librxtxSerial.so that's in the source tree.

johnm1019

ahh ok.

So i will delete the rxtx that comes with it and replace it with the one found locally on my system after compile, THEN compile arduino.

thanks!

Go Up