Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Windows 7 and arduino 17: AARRGGG!  (Read 983 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Ok, here is the gist of my problem: whenever i try to upload, i either get the error
Code:
avrdude: ser_send(): write error: sorry no info avail
available, or most of the time, its an error that tells me that COM3 is already in use.  :-?

What i have tried is setting the 'RTS on close' option in the settings for the usb serial converter in device manager. I have also downloaded the driver from the ftdi website and windows told me the current driver was fine. presumably it meant it was the same version.

I can upload to the board once. Then i have to disconnect it fromt eh computer, unplug my protoshield, plug the arty back in and then i can upload one more time. then i have to repeat this step. every. single. time.

so there is my problem. After one upload, com3 is said to be in use, until i unplug the arduino and plug it back in.

New York
Edison Member
E != m*c^2
View Profile

naughty naughty, win7 isn't out yet  smiley-wink

SF Bay Area
Edison Member
Arduino Ninja
View Profile

Yes it is, you can download the release candidate from Microsoft. It will start to self destruct around March, but otherwise it's a valid OS that is for all purposes in its complete form and should be supported.

Unique RGB LED Modules and Arduino shields: http://www.macetech.com/store

Arduino paper
View Profile

Yup.. I'm still running the older beta - 7100.. but the RTM version went out on technet the other night I think (it was due - haven't checked yet...)

I'm sure i've uploaded a few times with 0017 fine under win7(7100)... I'll go and try shortly to confirm for sure...

Checkout my projects development blog @ SLiDA

Slovenia, Europe
Arduino rocks
View Profile

I am getting another wierd error on win7. Just updated Java, no change. Any idea?

p.s.: Windows 7 were available officialy as beta, but some of us who have access to Microsoft's MSDNAA allready have Win7 Professional  smiley-razz

SF Bay Area
Edison Member
Arduino Ninja
View Profile

Delete the java folder in your arduino-0017 folder.

Unique RGB LED Modules and Arduino shields: http://www.macetech.com/store

New York
Edison Member
E != m*c^2
View Profile

My bad, your right, I forgot about the betas. Redownload your arduino IDE, that might fix the corruption.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: