Go Down

Topic: Arduino to Jrk motor controller with SoftSerial (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Jswan

Hello,
 I am new to programming and I am trying to send  high resolution speed values to a motor jrk motor controller from an arduino.
I need to send the target value is in hex from 0-4095 over serial using the SoftSerial library. I am not sure how to do this in the Arduino programming language. I would appreciate any help on this topic.

Below is an example tha I pulled from the Pololu JRK user guide.

Pololu protocol, hex: 0xAA, device number, 0x40 + target low 5 bits, target high 7 bits

Here is some example C code that will generate the correct serial bytes, given an integer "target" that holds the
desired target (0-4095) and an array called serialBytes:
serialBytes[0] = 0xC0 + (target & 0x1F); // Command byte holds the lower 5 bits of target.
serialBytes[1] = (target >> 5) & 0x7F; // Data byte holds the upper 7 bits of target.

PaulS

Once you have the two bytes (in serialBytes), use NewSoftSerial::print(serialBytes[n], BYTE); twice to send the two bytes (with n=0 then n=1).

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy