Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino Podcast?  (Read 3043 times)
North Carolina
USA
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Does anyone know if there is or will be (if someone is working on one) a designated arduino podcast? I have the make: podcast and it has some arduino stuff on it but it would be really nice if there was just an arduino specific pocast. Tutorials, projects, interviews, news. All that good stuff. Just an idea that i thought I would pass along.

MD, USA
God Member
A jack of all trades and a master of none!
View Profile

I've been looking for the same thing. I keep checking iTunes to make sure i'm not missing anything. But with this it would have to be a video podcast.

I just wish i knew enough and then i'd produce my own. Give it arduino produced music and everything. lol

North Carolina
USA
View Profile

Yes def. a video podcast. Well if you see anything pm me or something haha. Talk it up some, i really want one! ;D

North Yorkshire, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

Haha sounds good. I would be happy to add something like that to my website if someone wants to do one but has nowhere to stick it.

Mowcius

North Carolina
USA
View Profile

I mean not 1 person has to do everything also it could be just like donate a video tutorial or anything arduino related.

SF Bay Area (USA)
Tesla Member
Strongly opinionated, but not official!
View Profile

Making videos is HARD, and when you're done half the people will complain that they would have rather had straight text (searchable, browseable, scannable, variable-speed, etc...)

North Yorkshire, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

I mean not 1 person has to do everything also it could be just like donate a video tutorial or anything arduino related.
Well if people would like to do that then feel free and I would be happy to make a new section and link to video tutorials on my website.

Making videos is HARD, and when you're done half the people will complain that they would have rather had straight text (searchable, browseable, scannable, variable-speed, etc...)
Yes I do agree but people can chose not to watch it. If people are willing to make a video to try to help/provide information to people then let them and people can just go away if they don't like it!

Mowcius
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 12:36:14 pm by mowcius » Logged

North Carolina
USA
View Profile

Very well stated mowcius! smiley-wink

Cumming, GA
Edison Member
Ultimate DIY: Arduino
View Profile

Lots of people put very specific Arduino videos on Youtube.  Lots to see, but many leave me thinking,  "Great Vid but you are just bragging with no sharing, no website, no text blog... etc).  Ahem...  all very "Look at me", I think.

So you would rather it be something more like a video blog (I did this) or like a tv show (interviews and stuff) or teaching (Help me,  Mr Wizard!)?  All backed up by a website, with notes, and code and guides and such?

Just keeping this thread creative, btw.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 08:23:25 am by pwillard » Logged

North Yorkshire, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

Yep I agree with that as well.

On my site there is already going to be the option for people to host their product in the store (approved people only for obvious reasons) and this will give people somewhere to host the product if they have a great one. (It will be at cost but that will be a sample product, so I can test it and check they are legit, and then a possible small fee per year/quarter to keep a page up on the site for it).

I would be happy to do a podcast thingy with a group of people if there are a group of people who want to make videos and help write articles. These will not be like on hackaday (where they are just news), they would be permenant articles such as reviews of products or example projects with code etc.

Mowcius  smiley-wink

Cumming, GA
Edison Member
Ultimate DIY: Arduino
View Profile

My personal preference is a mix of "wizardry and techniques" mixed in with what's in the Exhibition parts of the forum.

North Yorkshire, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

My personal preference is a mix of "wizardry and techniques" mixed in with what's in the Exhibition parts of the forum.
Hmm sounds good. Are you this wizard we are looking for?  ;D

Mowcius

North Carolina
USA
View Profile

I have no expertise on how to make videos perfessionally but I would def. be willing to post articles and possibly make some videos. Yeah i really like the idea of a site with all the stuff compacted into it such as tutorials, how tos, projects, ect. Then we could just make all of the videos into an RSS feed and get it approved for iTunes. I think it would really be a hit. A one stop shop for everything you need for arduino help and inspiration haha

North Yorkshire, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

A one stop shop for everything you need for arduino help and inspiration haha
I like it!  smiley-grin

I would def. be willing to post articles
Well if you want to help then I will PM you my email address and you can start off the site with its first article smiley

Mowcius

North Carolina
USA
View Profile

Are you going to host this on like a tab on your website or are we  going to make a seperate domain for it? It would definatley be cheaper to just put it on your site but there are ups to both. Just wanted to know what you were thinking!
hahah i dont know how to do the quote thing but I would be glad to write the first article! Thanks! smiley-grin

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Jump to: