Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Cheapest Arduino enclosure  (Read 3198 times)
Hamme, Belgium
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Well, when I looked inside the Arduino packaging, I noticed 4 doted lines.

I Have cut the packaging along this doted lines, and Voila:

This is the Arduino Ethernet Version, I don't know about the other Arduino Packagings.

WATCH IT !!!, I DIDN'T TEST HEAT EMISSION BY THE ARDUINO. => Autoignition point paper: 218°-246°C (424-474°F)

Tacoma, WA
Arduino rocks
View Profile

If you have a silicon component much over 125c, it's pretty well done, anyways.

Brian from Tacoma, WA
Arduino evangelist - since Dec, 2010.

Hamme, Belgium
View Profile

I wonder if the folks at Arduino have put those doted lines on perpose. If they did, they should put some more. Title circles would be nice (for those screws and distance holders). And lines at the other side for SD input.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Nice find.

I have used the smaller Really Useful Boxes (from Staples, Office Max) for putting stuff in. The clear plastic is easy to drill holes in or cut out openings.
I drill a series of small holes and finish the opening with a box cutter, or use a Unibit type of drill.

You can see some of them at my link below.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Hamme, Belgium
View Profile

Got my Arduino Eternet running for 7 days now (with working webpage) in this little box.

Still feels normal (warm but certainly not hot)   smiley-cool

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

missing a link to the little box?

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

Really cheap! 100% reusing packaging is cool! I once used my multimeter box for an enclosure:

You can glue small breadboards on top for prototyping but on a second thought, you have small children and resistors look like candies smiley-wink

Hamme, Belgium
View Profile

@CrossRoads hèhè, It isn't connected to the net. It serves an intranet page for my CastDuino Project (more on that later)

.:oomlout:. even has made a pdf file you can print and fold into a project box  smiley-lol

I could upload the PDF here but let the site owner get the credit, so i'll give a link to his webpage:

http://oomlout.co.uk/?p=119

Toronto, Canada
Edison Member
"Keep it R.E.I.L. - "Research, Experiment, Investigate and Learn"
View Profile

@JO3RI

Nice work... That I call recycle... I notice in the last picture, a box with a lots of leds ? Some kind of led's matrix ?  That look an interesting way to place them into a small cardboard box.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

Ponoko has free cardboard for designs thru the end of the month,  maybe come up with an interesting box there.

http://blog.ponoko.com/2012/01/05/new-year-new-prototypes-%E2%80%94-free-cardboard-starts-now/?utm_source=Ponoko+Studio&utm_campaign=e81355cb46-M_1_18_12_Cardboard_reminder1_17_2012&utm_medium=email

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

It's small saving smiley The part is only a dollar or two when it's not free. When I ordered 180mm*180mm jobs on ponoko, shipping is $10 and parts+work is another $10 for acrylic.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: