Go Down

Topic: Visual Arduino For .NET Developers (Read 2464 times) previous topic - next topic

R.B Developments

Nov 25, 2010, 01:52 pm Last Edit: Nov 25, 2010, 03:00 pm by roybenshabat Reason: 1

I know that there is already a very nice .net class to communicate to Arduino via the Firmata protocol. But!

unfortunately this protocol has no support for the use of character LCD.
So i decided to develop my own Sketch and .NET Class so i can create projects involving I/O and LCD.

This is a very EASY TO USE class for beginners and advanced .NET Developers.

The link below will download the Class and Sketch. that is all you need
to start using Arduino!

http://www.4shared.com/get/LMaSj7lS/Visual_Arduino.html

I also included a very nice set of User Controls Switchs you can use in your project.

You can download this controls with the link below.
http://www.4shared.com/get/aBcSf5ll/Real_Switches.html

Notes:

* This Class has no support for servo motors YET!  that's because i don't have a servo motor.
I will add a servo support as soon as i will own one... (Very soon).

* The "digital Message Receive" Event Raises on a seperate thread.
so if you want to update your form controls inside the event procedure add the line:

CheckForIllegalCrossThreadCalls = False at the form Load Event.

* The Class Developed for the use of Arduino Duamilanove 328 boards but i guess it will work on other boards too.

* The Class supports for a maximum of 13 digital pins.

* Using The LCD support requires you to enable the LCD Engine from the sketch file by removing the
"//"
from the start of the line : //  LiquidCrystal lcd(lcdRS,lcdEN,lcdDB11,lcdDB12,lcdDB13,lcdDB14);

* Also change the Pin Number Constants in the sketch according to your project.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy