Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: any sensor that sense human...  (Read 799 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

is there any sesnor that sense human? i asked many people they said use PIR sensor but PIR sensor detect movement i dont want this i want a sensor that only sense human??

SW Scotland
Edison Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

First thing you need to do is define what you mean by "a human", since you cannot sense what you cannot define.  

Then you need to determine what features of your defined human that you want to use as your detection criteria.

For example   :----

Human = biological mass with generally 4 flexing appendices with animation features when live but none when inert.  

Some humans have less than 4 appendices but are still defined as humans.

Live humans operate with a mass temperature of somewhere around 34 degrees centigrade but this may be obscured by their propensity to wear thermal shielding.

Most operate in an erect manner using the lower two appendices,

They vary in height from less than 1 metre to somewhere in excess of 2 metres.

Most emit audible sounds and solid and liquid waste products

Generally considered to function in a rational manner but that is only the opinion of a selected group

etc etc etc

So what features of the human body do you wish to use as your detection criteria ?

Note that a PIR sensor is unlikely to detect the movement of a body operating at ambient temperature - they generally detect the infrared emission of a moving body - which is a pretty good way of detecting a human.   You can get models which are also mass sensitive which will ignore warm bodies less than 20kg (dogs, cats, small children etc)

« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 03:45:57 pm by jackrae » Logged

View Profile

my project is like when sensor detect human in the room aricon should turn on and when there is no one in the room aircon should turn off but i m using PIR sensor and in PIR sensor we have to put time like delay(4000); so after 4 minutes it detect again, can i do something in which aircon keep turn on until human dont leave the room....?

Edison Member
View Profile

Don't double post.

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,104538.0.html
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,104541.0.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: