Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Looking for people to make some cool programs for the HackHD 1080P camera PCB  (Read 2398 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

We just got our first shipment of HackHD camera boards in. They are pretty much like the GoPro and Contour cameras but they have 9 screw pin terminals to plug everything into it such as the power source, LED, microphone, video out cable, and of course the button. This makes them multi-purpose and especially popular for hobby applicaitons. I wanted to offer you arudionoers here a good deal on them in exchange for hopefully posting some cool code and projects that we can publish on our website. Since the camera uses one button operation to record, stop, turn on, etc, when the button is grounded, the Arduino could easily be used to control that button and hook up to a variety of sensors, motion, light, etc..

I would love to get some feedback and suggestions from the board. I have been a long time Arduino user and designed this board based on the being a great accessory for it. This camera is the real deal as far as quality goes, you can see some comparison videos on our youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hackhdcamera?feature=mhee. This isn't meant to be spam or an advertisement, I really want the Arduino community helping out with this project and I will remove any links or references if asked.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 05:37:23 pm by hackhd » Logged

Global Moderator
Brattain Member
Lua rocks!
View Profile

Moderator edit: Moved to "sensors" section. (Nick Gammon)

This isn't really about sensors, but neither is it really a programming question. Maybe "gigs and collaborations"? I'm not sure.

View Profile

Is there a link to more information about the HackHD 1080P camera PCB?

Thanks,

TMD

View Profile

Well I guess I am allowed to post the link now that someone asked smiley  www.hackhd.com for more info. The camera is brand new to the market and we just started shipping them out to customers earlier in the week. Were selling them at a really good price in order to get some reviews and feedback.

View Profile

Hackhd,

Thanks for introducing the new PCB.

I continued the thread under "Gigs and Collaboration".
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,111627.0.html

Hopefully we can start a collaboration. I will start looking into the specs as well.

Cheers,

TMD

Devon UK
If you dont ask you will never know
View Profile

Hi
How is the Lipo battery charged ?
I am looking for a camera just like this..have a gopro ATM but my boy cannot press the record button as he has very little strength (muscle tone).
This would make a excellent alternative to the gopro..

Just to clarify .. This will fit into a gopro housing with the terminals outside the housing.
Any way to rain proof this??.

Regards Antony

Ayer, Massachusetts, USA
Edison Member
View Profile

While the Hack HD looks like a cool camera, it would be hard to use it with an Arduino for anything other than start/stop sequences, due to the various limits of the Arduino (memory limits, processor speed).  And 9MP is kind of wasted on video, since 1080p is only 2.1MP (1920x1080).

God Member
a, b = b, a+b
View Profile

I am actually planning on building a remote controlled helm-camera with built in pan&tilt. Using an ATmega for controlling the servos, and a raspberryPi for remote viewing and controlling. I would like to use Nordic RF chips for communication. Not sure how to transmit the video at the moment - I assume I can do that via RF as well.

I have not given it that much thought, as I dont have money to spend on a camera at this point (I have servos, RF modules, raspberry etc.)

Send me a PM if you think we can work something out.

Regards

p.

Ayer, Massachusetts, USA
Edison Member
View Profile

Not sure how to transmit the video at the moment - I assume I can do that via RF as well.
I haven't done it yet, but you can pick up 2.4Ghz wireless receiver and transmitters for about $20 for the pair on ebay.  These units take composite video signals (RCA jacks) and need 12 volt batteries.  They are primarily designed for the backup lcd monitor that newer high end cars now have (hence 12 volts).

The same places usually carry 2-3" monitors for viewing.  Some mp4 players also take video input, and can be used as small monitors.  I have one (JXD 969), and I've meaning to use it when booting up my R-pi.

View Profile

Hi
How is the Lipo battery charged ?
I am looking for a camera just like this..have a gopro ATM but my boy cannot press the record button as he has very little strength (muscle tone).
This would make a excellent alternative to the gopro..

Just to clarify .. This will fit into a gopro housing with the terminals outside the housing.
Any way to rain proof this??.

Regards Antony

Sorry for the delay in reply, my email notifications were off.

The Lipo can be charged with any Lipo battery charger. We don't include these as they are more expensive than the battery itself but we actually found out these work with 3AA batteries so we are going to start including a 3AA battery holder with lead wires instead of the lead wire. Will ship both out with any future orders until I get a chance to remove the Lipo battery from the image and descriptions smiley

This will fit the gopro skeleton housing. Its a perfect fit. No way to rainproof it just yet but you can probably get a waterproof pouch that skuba divers use to hold their wallets and stuff, its kinda like a high quality triple lock zip lock bag, that will allow pretty much anything to be used underwater.

View Profile

While the Hack HD looks like a cool camera, it would be hard to use it with an Arduino for anything other than start/stop sequences, due to the various limits of the Arduino (memory limits, processor speed).  And 9MP is kind of wasted on video, since 1080p is only 2.1MP (1920x1080).

Well the arduino can work with a variety of sensors such as motion and light to trigger the record and stop button. Can also help control it wirelessly with an xbee.

View Profile

I am actually planning on building a remote controlled helm-camera with built in pan&tilt. Using an ATmega for controlling the servos, and a raspberryPi for remote viewing and controlling. I would like to use Nordic RF chips for communication. Not sure how to transmit the video at the moment - I assume I can do that via RF as well.

I have not given it that much thought, as I dont have money to spend on a camera at this point (I have servos, RF modules, raspberry etc.)

Send me a PM if you think we can work something out.

Regards

p.

As MichaelMeissner mentioned, you can get these on eBay. I actually just bought an X10 one for about $50 so I can build something to showcase at Defcon this weekend. I had a $20 chip in the past that required a circuit, forgot the name about it but it was really small. Couldn't get it working but didn't play with it long enough. Just found it, the part number is AWM633TX, if anyones going to Defcon and want to help me getting it to work with the HackHD, I will give you a board for free smiley
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 03:20:23 am by hackhd » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: