Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: please help with arduino asap  (Read 530 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

hi im new to this forum and arduino's in general and im hoping you guys can help me out. I BARELY know anything about programing ect...
but i just got my arduino starter kit from adafruit and i was kinda disappointed that I couldnt get it running. this is what I did so far.
-downloaded the arduino 18 program thing
-recieved arduino kit
-pluged it into the computer and tryed to load "blink"
-came up with some errors

heres the main problem I think, when I opened blink i clicked upload and it says "opening to i/o board"... and after about 30sec it says "problem uploading to board" then in the box under it it says...

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

thanks for the help/support
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 07:51:25 pm by j7frosbite » Logged

Portugal
God Member
View Profile

In the arduino IDE have you chosen the right com port and arduino board version?
Your error points to incorrect com port selected.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

thanks so much for the help,
but sorry im very new to this and i have no clue what an IDE is but right now its in the COM1 port and I selected arduino duemilanove w/ atmega328 and its still not working. I switch to COM3 and still nothing.
could it be something else?

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

The IDE is the Arduino programming application (Interactive Development Environment (or Infernal or Idiotic, sometimes)).

Start the IDe without the Arduino connected. Select Tools + Serial Port. There will be a list of serial ports shown.

Plug the Arduino in, wait for the beep, and select Tools + Serial Port again. The list should be one port longer. The new port is the one to select.

If there is no beep, and/or the list doesn't change, you do not have the FTDI driver installed. Select Help + Troubleshooting for a whole lot of help.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: