Guys, thanks to a collaboration between Wusik and Rugged Circuits, we will be able to turn our Drum Machine + Groove Box project into a real Arduino Shield.
But now we need everybody's help in order for this to really happen! Spread the word around, include the link below, contribute to the project so we can order the initial PCBs and have Rugged Circuits take care of the hardware portion of the project.
Best Regards, WilliamK from Wusik Dot Com
The Arduino Drum Machine is a 14-track Drum-Machine Step Sequencer with 2 accent tracks and 32 steps. Check out the videos -- it's a lot easier to understand when you see it:
The Arduino Drum Machine is like the classic Roland TR707 but with some twists, as it actually has 32 x 1/32 or 32 x 1/64 steps. The 2 note-step sequence feature allows you to do bass and/or synth lines -- it's a MIDI groove-box!
This project is a joint collaboration between Wusik.com and Rugged Circuits. We're going to take the breadboard prototype of the drum machine shown in the videos and make it into a proper Arduino shield that plugs in on top of an Arduino Uno, Duemilanove, or Mega/Mega2560 (not included). The software performs all the drum machine functions, but you can always tweak it to do whatever you want (with the source code reward levels).
We're also going to add EEPROM, FLASH, and expandability options and connectors. Suggestions from backers are welcome too (as long as they don't break the bank!)
Here are the project specs:
* Arduino shield (we're aiming for about 8" x 3") that plugs on top of an Arduino Uno, Duemilanove, Mega, or Mega2560
* 14 Drum Tracks + 2 Accent Tracks (a total of 3 MIDI-note velocities can be sent from each step)
* 2 Step-Sequence Tracks (each step has its own Note selection, Velocity is set by the accent tracks)
* Multi Pattern and Song Mode
* Number of Patterns and Songs depends on the total amount of system EEPROM -- the base system will have 32kbytes of EEPROM (enough for 99 patterns and 99 songs), expandable to 128kbytes by adding more EEPROM chips
* 16 buttons for sequence programming, with LED for each button
* 8 buttons for control functions (up, down, left, right, shift, play, stop, record)
* 16x2 LCD with backlight
* Each pattern has 32 x 1/32 or 32 x 1/64 steps and 14 tracks + 2 accent tracks
* Each track has a note-number and MIDI-channel number, so you can also use tracks to output regular notes (one note fixed per track)
* MIDI Input and Output connectors with MIDI Echo
NOTE: International backers (outside the USA) PLEASE ADD USD$10 to your pledge for any reward levels that require shipping physical items (that is, $50 and up). These items will ship by US Priority Mail International and usually take 6-10 days to arrive (though it is not guaranteed). Shipping by courier companies like UPS or DHL is much more expensive but allows for shipment tracking -- please contact us for prices. Also please contact us for combined shipping prices for group buys and multiple-order pledges.