Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino and WUSB  (Read 805 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi guys,

I have just received some WirelessUSB modules (samples) from cypress. They are cool because they even come on a pcb-module DIP-ready, so they are cool to start working with.

I will be batling with them next week, and just wanted to know if anybody had previously tried something with WUSB or even better, this same chip.

I attach the links for the module (http://download.cypress.com.edgesuite.net/design_resources/datasheets/contents/cywm6934_8.pdf) and the IC itself (http://download.cypress.com.edgesuite.net/design_resources/datasheets/contents/cywusb6934_8.pdf) let me know if you ever done or will do something with them!!!

C ya

Brisbane, Australia
God Member
View Profile

Nice. More 2mm headers though. smiley-sad

Ok who's up for writing a 802.11g library for it in a couple of kilobytes. ;D

Greenwood, Indiana
God Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Doesn't it act like a serial port to the PC and Arduino the same as a hardwired link?

If it was designed by man it can be repaired by man.

New Zealand
God Member
Arduino pebbles
View Profile

I have just received some WirelessUSB modules (samples) from cypress. They are cool because they even come on a pcb-module DIP-ready, so they are cool to start working with.
Inspired by your post and having seen reference to this previously I thought I'd pickup some samples to see if I could interface them with the Arduino.

Unfortunately I was told "Cypress is no longer sampling Devkits, Evaluation Board or Modules", so I was wondering how you got yours? :-)

--Phil.

New Zealand
God Member
Arduino pebbles
View Profile

Doesn't it act like a serial port to the PC and Arduino the same as a hardwired link?
From what I can tell from reading the datasheet, no.

My understanding from this is that it seems you need two SPI-capable microcontrollers (one with some sort of USB capability) and two WUSB chips to create a functioning system.

I could be wrong... :-)

--Phil.

Greenwood, Indiana
God Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

If Cypress are being such butts that they can't offer devkits I'm sure I'm not interested. I hope your effort works though.

If it was designed by man it can be repaired by man.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

I got the email saying they are no longer shipping modules, but I actually received mines... so give it a try!!!

4 wires-communication and two devices, that is right but well I will give it a try anyway!!!

New Zealand
God Member
Arduino pebbles
View Profile

I got the email saying they are no longer shipping modules, but I actually received mines... so give it a try!!!
LOL, that's pretty bizarre! I guess I'll have to wait and see...

--Phil.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: