The amazing renesas powered MCU board : GR-SAKURA-FULL

The amazing renesas powered MCU board : GR-SAKURA-FULL

Big image http://japan.renesas.com/media/press/news/2012/20120619.jpg

The RX63N/RX631 Group incorporates communication functions suitable for networking equipment, such as Ethernet controller, USB 2.0 full-speed (function, host, or OTG selectable), and CAN. In addition, with a RTC (Real-Time Clock) that can operate on a dedicated power supply as a low power feature, standby power consumption can be reduced by approximately 90% compared to existing products. The selection of on-chip memory has been expanded from ROMless to 2 MB, and even smaller-sized packages are available. This makes possible mounting in anything from large-scale systems to small-scale/small-space devices.

URL: http://japan.renesas.com/gr
URL: スマホで電子工作プログラム、ルネサスが手軽なキットを発売 / クラウドで開発、アイコンを並べてアプリ作成も

Sniff. Sniff. Smells like spam to me.

WTF with that stupid pink color?

PaulS:

Difficult to say. Anything of interest to the Arduino community is welcome and the female connectors look like the Uno pattern. Unfortunately, my Japanese is a bit rusty.

The post is definitely in the wrong section. It should be in Products and Services (and I'll move it later).

Hey, what do you know. Google Translate worked...

Various shield can be installed on your compatible Arduino UNO GR-SAKURA-FULL

The most important feature of this product, due to cloud computing development environment.

PaulS:

It's a Japanese thing...

I've been trying to play with one of the YRDKRX62N demo boards, i.e. a board with everything + the kitchen sink and a JTAG debugger, it's a complex chip to be sure... Having something like this distill it down to arduino-like APIs is nice. Wish it was sold in the USA, couldn't find any hits when I googled searched. I'd personally like to dive into the RX architecture more alongside learning ARM (TI Stellaris LaunchPad specifically...) cause I think RX is superior, at least on paper.

PaulS:

The world ends at the border of the united states...