About SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER

Dear all,

I am new in this field so I would like to know where I can get a solar charge controller that can receive an external control signal from an Arduino kit (PWM signal ) ? any suggestions and links please

Really need more information.
What is the purpose of the control signal, ie what do you want to happen.
What is the charging source and what are you trying to charge?

sory i never do the project about solar charge before.

But maybe this page can help, have you check it?
access > here

You would do us all a favor if you read: How to use this Forum

I am new in this forum so I am sorry for any inconvenience,

I am doing a master degree and it discusses 4 mppt techniques. i am using matlab software and i made a model of a PV system feeding a pump station. I intend to do a project applying mppt concept practically.

i will use an arduino kit working as a mppt controller. the arduino kit has 2 signals from PV sourse current and voltage. and it is connected to matlab software that has the 4 mppt methods. when applying mppt method the arduino will send an optimum pwm signal to the switches of the dc/dc converter so that an optimum power is received from PV to the dc pump.

The main problem I am facing is that dc dc converter circuits don't receive an external pwm signal as it has its oscillator producing a certain frequency to the switches.

engadhamosama1990:
I am new in this forum so I am sorry for any inconvenience,

I am doing a master degree and it discusses 4 mppt techniques. i am using matlab software and i made a model of a PV system feeding a pump station. I intend to do a project applying mppt concept practically.

i will use an arduino kit working as a mppt controller. the arduino kit has 2 signals from PV sourse current and voltage. and it is connected to matlab software that has the 4 mppt methods. when applying mppt method the arduino will send an optimum pwm signal to the switches of the dc/dc converter so that an optimum power is received from PV to the dc pump.

The main problem I am facing is that dc dc converter circuits don't receive an external pwm signal as it has its oscillator producing a certain frequency to the switches.

So, am I missing something? You say you want to control an MPPT controller from an Arduino--optimize it's functionality? But, isn't the MPPT controller already achieving optimum control [it's defined function]? Why not just implement the MPPT directly? That is the topic of your Master's thesis, right--shouldn't you know how to do that?

But, then, you used the term DC/DC Converter -- how is a DC to DC converter an MPPT? Or is it that you're trying to use an off-the-shelf DC to DC Converter as an MPPT, by tuning it's frequency [or feeding it your own PWM signal--you seemed to state both these things], in order to get peak performance out of it, at the optimal power point, thus turning it into an MPPT?

But, then, I'm not familiar with matlab, so maybe that's my stumbling block.

yes it is my master thesis but it is normal to face new things and problems and try to ask and solve them ! as well i did not say that i will controll a mppt controller just i will apply these techniques from matlab to the switches of the converter

Have a look at this.
http://www.timnolan.com/uploads/Arduino%20Solar/ArduinoSolar.pdf

This is an original schematic for a MPPT charger based on Arduino and using a 1/2 bridge charger.
You will have to describe exactly what you are trying to do though, including what voltage and power Solar panels are being used, and what you are trying to charge.
The circuit as shown is for a 12V Panel , Max power 100 watts max, and a 12V lead acid battery.
Ive built a couple of these, and they work pretty well.
The MPPT algorithm is a simple hill climber which is easy to implement and it works pretty well most of the time.
There are a few conditions which can temporarily confuse it , namely fast fading caused by cloud shadow moving across the panels.
There are better algorithms , but most are harder to code and even harder to debug.

Not sure if this is of any use, but saw this and thought of you:

All Electronics is an electronics surplus store, so the stuff they sell is often as-is with little or no documentation. This appears to be in that category, BUT I thought maybe, since it's all exposed as such, you might be able to hack the thing, to get it to do what you need.

Is this a real working project, or are you just trying to get a simulation running in MATLAB ?

mppt controller just i will apply these techniques from matlab to the switches of the converter

have you been check this page about mppt algorithm using matlab?

access >> here

hopefully can help.

HI

I am using matlab simulink to apply MPPT techniques. I produce a pwm signal with 5000 hz. when i send this signal to a pwm pin of arduino, i measure it with oscilloscope and it shows nothing. i found that i should increase the amplitude of the pwm signal in matlab to 1024 to get 5 volt amplitude in oscilloscope. the problem when i multiply the pwm signal in a gain of 1024 the duty cycle and the frequency changes !

Is this anything to do with Arduino, or entirely something to do with MATLAB?

i will send a pwm signal from simulink to arduino which switches a buck converter circuit feeding a dc pump

at the photo attached this is the correct pwm signal.. i want to amplify this signal to 1024 to get 5 v output in arduino pwm pin. multiplying with a gain in matlab changes the wave duty cycle and frequency ! any solution

Why not use the Arduino to produce the PWM signal?

To get 5 kHz output you will need to specifically program one of the timers. Timer tutorial here.

I should use simulink to produce the PWM signal as i make a project which i use a pv module with voltage and current sensors to determine the duty cycle which is then converter to pwm signal sent to arduino. this signal is changing with time as the voltage and current of pv module change.

I should use simulink

Is this for a class?

If not, the Arduino can do all that.

yes a master thesis unfortunately