LED matrix display - MD_Parola, MD_MAX72xx and MD_MAXPanel

I was so impressed with Marco's Parola for Arduino project that I have, with Crossroads invaluable help, designed a PCB that uses the larger 60 mm square LED matrices. Here is the thread where this is developed and once I have done some minor tidying up of the Eagle package Marco has kindly allowed me to put the files up on his Parola site for download. The final version of the Eagle files in reply # 28 of that thread are functional aside from the fact that the drill hole size for the sixteen LED matrix holes are marginally too small. This, along with some other minor cleaning up will be done before they are put up on the Parola site.
Pedro.

EDIT - Marco has moved his Parola project to GitHub and consequently the Bigger Parola files have moved there too

Great work Pedro.

Now we have Mama Parola and Baby Parola. Who will do a Papa Parola? I am expecting window size :slight_smile:

How much to buy the things already assembled? Or at least with a circuit board already printed; I haven't the facilities for printing them.

Also, is there any intermediate size of matrix (maybe 40 or 50 millimeters) available?

check e-bay, several sizes are available. May not have the nice, neat interconnections, you'll have to take care of that.

got link to download this MD_MAX72xx.h ? :slight_smile:

wilson16:
got link to download this MD_MAX72xx.h ? :slight_smile:

It's a little tough to find on the CodePlex site but here's the link:

http://arduinocode.codeplex.com/downloads/get/761587

Mel

thank you very much :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Marco has kindly allowed me to host my files for the Bigger Arduino V1 on his Github page here

The Eagle schematic and board files, seeedstudio gerbers and custom 8 x 8 LED matrix are all included.

Pedro

I still have a bit more work to go but these "Mama Parola" 60 mm displays are looking good :smiley:

Looks good Pedro - get a tripod for that camera tho & fire the cameraman :slight_smile:

Too true Crossroads,
I have been meaning to fire that guy for ages 8) And that was after a bit of Youtube video stabilisation too. I will have to shout myself a tripod for Christmas, which reminds me, all the best to you and your family for the festive season and stay safe,
Pedro

Thank you Pedro, and all the best to you and yours!
Big snow storm coming in tomorrow, 8-10-12 inchese expected.
So, teach fencing class in the morning, snowblowing in the afternoon!

Hello
I am new to dotmatrix and arduino I love your libery but have a problem I use the one (picture)
So when I connect 2 unites it the text scrolls text to each other is it possible to rotate the direction of text!

Thank you in advance!

Download the latest MD_Max72xx library and read the documentation. There is now a library switch that allows the use of these more common displays. You need to change it before compiling the code.

Hello
First thank you for fast reply! :slight_smile:
bu I canot find this V2 on http://parola.codeplex.com/ can you pleas give me the link!

maki007:
Hello
First thank you for fast reply! :slight_smile:
bu I canot find this V2 on http://parola.codeplex.com/ can you pleas give me the link!

Try this link for the MD_MAXxx library:

http://arduinocode.codeplex.com/downloads/get/761587

Mel

can you pleas give me the link!

Also in my signature block.

Hello
Thank you bought!
I made it work and I am relay grateful!
:slight_smile:

One more question!
Is it possible to have special characters ? Š ? Ž ?

you can define your own character if you want. The current character set does not have your characters.

You need to modify the data file where the font is located (it will have FONT in the name) and replace one of the existing characters with your own. The documentation tells you a bit about the character set definition and if you map out the current data as bits (convert from hex) you should be able to work it out.

marco_c:

can you pleas give me the link!

Also in my signature block.

The signature block points to code.Google, however the code now sits are codeplex....time to update the signature link?...:slight_smile:

Mel