SOLVED: On post of comment returns to forum, not to thread

Not sure if this is a bug, or if it has already been reported, or if maybe there is a setting in my profile (I'll check later), but I've noticed that when I post a reply to a thread, rather then refreshing the thread (showing my reply), the system takes me back to the forum the thread was a part of, and I have to click on the thread again to return to it.

All - its not a bug, its a default "feature" - if you are in the forum, click the Profile link in the top menu bar on the right.

You'll see on the left menu an entry that reads "Look and Layout Preferences" - click on that. In the box that comes up, there's an option that you can enable entitled "Return to topics after posting by default." - Check that.

/fixed

:slight_smile:

I have noticed that also, and don't like it at all. This would be a good one to fix.

Lefty

I think this can be set up in your profile, haven't tried it though.

Note to self: Read all posts in thread before answering :slight_smile:

Status's have changed again - I have moved from Hero to Edison!

cr0sh:
Not sure if this is a bug, or if it has already been reported, or if maybe there is a setting in my profile (I'll check later), but I've noticed that when I post a reply to a thread, rather then refreshing the thread (showing my reply), the system takes me back to the forum the thread was a part of, and I have to click on the thread again to return to it.

All - its not a bug, its a default "feature" - if you are in the forum, click the Profile link in the top menu bar on the right.

You'll see on the left menu an entry that reads "Look and Layout Preferences" - click on that. In the box that comes up, there's an option that you can enable entitled "Return to topics after posting by default." - Check that.

/fixed

:slight_smile:

I have changed it in my profile as it was very annoying - Might I suggest that it is set to 'return to thread' by default?
I think the majority of people would prefer it that way.

mowcius:
I have changed it in my profile as it was very annoying - Might I suggest that it is set to 'return to thread' by default?
I think the majority of people would prefer it that way.

+1

One of the first things I changed.

+1
seems the default is counter-intuitive
would be good to make as many defaults as similar to a previous life as possible
IMHO
YMMV
RTFM