[FT] Zilog Z80, 5) MC6802P, 6) GI AY-5-1013A

These chips just landed in my lap. I don't know the condition, except to say that I got them from a retired EE who is careful, AFAIK, about such things as static, and they appear to be new. The z80 and the 6802s are in anti-static foam, and the UARTs are not.

http://www.s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/Serial%20IO%20Board/AY-5-1013A.pdf

Can't think of what I would do with them, so I'm open to trading, if anyone has an interest. My interest would be in anything in the way of basic stuff -- regulators, motor controllers, darlington arrays, LEDs, LCD displays, rotary encoders, I don't know -- fun things to plug into an Arduino. Or, audio tubes. Or money. :slight_smile:

PM me if interested. U.S. only please. (Sorry, I just don't want to get into international shipping.)

ETA: Or, some ATMega ICs

Are you OK with Canada ?

I got a lots of those chips. Looking for a way to interface them with the Ardiuno or doing some projects with them. I don't want to sell them, I am kind of sentimental and attached with my e-parts. I got them for at least 20 years.

Techone:
Are you OK with Canada ?

I got a lots of those chips. Looking for a way to interface them with the Ardiuno or doing some projects with them. I don't want to sell them, I am kind of sentimental and attached with my e-parts. I got them for at least 20 years.

I don't know what it costs to mail things to Canada. I do know that within the U.S., worst case is a $5 flat-rate box. If I can just got the post office, and it's less than that, and requires nothing special, I suppose I'd do it. PM me with an offer.

Why you don't want to keep them ? Z80 is an "antique"

I'll take Z80 and MC6802P, only if they have old date codes like the 70's and 80's. I have 100 ATMEGA328P-PU coming my way, which I can bootload in the matter of one hour, thanks to westfw's optiloader, and a stockpile of various new parts from LCDs to LEDs and anything in between (LOL not much buy you get the picture). You interested?

@liudr

I got those chips. They are Motorola. They maybe CPU's. I don't have a socket for them and I can not use them. I wonder if you are interrested or maybe others may be interested.

Here the pictures.

Techone,

Yes I am interested. The first two are processors I collect in my CPU collection. The third one is too fuzzy to tell. Do you have any more of these stuff? I am open for trade with anything I sell on this list:

http://www.inmojo.com/store/liudr-arduino-and-physics-gadgets/

Here is my blog post about trades:

Techone:
Why you don't want to keep them ? Z80 is an "antique"

Because I already collect too much stuff. :slight_smile: I can use more ATMegas, etc. No use for a Z80.

liudr:
I'll take Z80 and MC6802P, only if they have old date codes like the 70's and 80's. I have 100 ATMEGA328P-PU coming my way, which I can bootload in the matter of one hour, thanks to westfw's optiloader, and a stockpile of various new parts from LCDs to LEDs and anything in between (LOL not much buy you get the picture). You interested?

Here's pics. Not sure on the date code, but I bet you are. :slight_smile:

In case those are unclear
MC6802P
3T7821
On the back, EQSY

Z-80A
8400W2N A
8043 PS

Actually, there are 2 Z80 chips. 2nd:
Z8420 A
Z80A P10

I'm pretty open on what I can use -- still feel like I'm just getting started with things, so there are a lot of gaps in my parts inventory. A phi-connect kit would be cool. Or an ATMega, including, if you're feeling generous, a 5V regulator and a crystal. Shoot me a PM, and we can take it off-thread.

@liudr

That is the only chips of this type that I have. PM me or I will PM you for the details of the deal, and I wil check how much to ship those chips into the US.

@justjed

I will be interested for the GI AY-5-1013A. But unfortunally, I don't have any money to spend until Mid-March. ( first paycheck in March ) I keep my stuffs, so nothing to trade. I will PM you for the details. Maybe someone else will have the money / trade and ask for it.

Techone:
@liudr

That is the only chips of this type that I have. PM me or I will PM you for the details of the deal, and I wil check how much to ship those chips into the US.

@justjed

I will be interested for the GI AY-5-1013A. But unfortunally, I don't have any money to spend until Mid-March. ( first paycheck in March ) I keep my stuffs, so nothing to trade. I will PM you for the details. Maybe someone else will have the money / trade and ask for it.

Techone,

What about 2 ATMEGA328P-PU bootloaded with optiboot for the 3 chips?

http://www.inmojo.com/store/liudr-arduino-and-physics-gadgets/item/atmega328p-with-arduino-bootloader/

Roughly $15 value (parts + shipping). We each pay our own shipping.

justjed:

liudr:

Here's pics. Not sure on the date code, but I bet you are. :slight_smile:

In case those are unclear
MC6802P
3T7821
On the back, EQSY

Z-80A
8400W2N A
8043 PS

Actually, there are 2 Z80 chips. 2nd:
Z8420 A
Z80A P10

I'm pretty open on what I can use -- still feel like I'm just getting started with things, so there are a lot of gaps in my parts inventory. A phi-connect kit would be cool. Or an ATMega, including, if you're feeling generous, a 5V regulator and a crystal. Shoot me a PM, and we can take it off-thread.

Great! Thanks! I'm getting some help with the date code. I think they are 7821 (21th week of 1978) and 8043 etc. I' interested. I have sold out my phi-connect but I can send you an ATMEGA328 with bootloader + crystal, 22pf caps, and yep, I just spotted a new 7805 in my parts drawers. Are you willing to trade both Z80's and some 6802? I'll PM you as soon as I get help on a cpu collectors' forum XD

Techone:
@justjed

Well, so far, nobody is beating down my door for them. I used to hang on to almost everything, but moving to smaller accomodations put me in a position where I just had to get rid of some things. Of course, I keep acquiring other stuff too. Had I known, 10 years ago, that I'd be messing with this stuff, I would have saved a big box of random salvage from things like answering machines -- motors, drive belts, etc.

@liudr

What is "optiboot" ? If the ATMega328P are with regular Arduino bootload code, I am fine with that. I just what to make sure this Arduino chip will work if I put sketches in it.

I will mail those Motorola chips this week-end. Just PM your mailing address and e-mail. I will pay shipping in my end.

Waiting for your PM and your info.

Techone:
@liudr

What is "optiboot" ? If the ATMega328P are with regular Arduino bootload code, I am fine with that. I just what to make sure this Arduino chip will work if I put sketches in it.

I will mail those Motorola chips this week-end. Just PM your mailing address and e-mail. I will pay shipping in my end.

Waiting for your PM and your info.

Optiboot is what Arduino UNOs are shipped with, so the official bootloader. Once you get these, put them in an older arduino (Duemilanove etc) and choose UNO on the board list to enjoy twice the upload speed. I'll PM you my address too.

@liudr

Optiboot is what Arduino UNOs are shipped with, so the official bootloader. Once you get these, put them in an older arduino (Duemilanove etc) and choose UNO on the board list to enjoy twice the upload speed. I'll PM you my address too.

Ok...thank for the explaination... I assume it will work with USB mini adapter... and the Spark Fun FTDI board. Good thing my opto-coupler linker work and test for 115200 baud. The link of the tread : http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,92665.0.html

@justjed

I will be OK to trade with you. I just don't know what I have you may need or I may get a part for you in Toronto that you can't get in CO. <-- I don't know if you live in Denver, CO. Getting parts in a small town is tought, Not in a big center.

Yep. That's what I have been doing. I have a number of USB TTL adapters and projects with these ATMEGA328s.

Techone:
I will be OK to trade with you. I just don't know what I have you may need or I may get a part for you in Toronto that you can't get in CO. <-- I don't know if you live in Denver, CO. Getting parts in a small town is tought, Not in a big center.

I get almost everything by mail order. I have some holes in my collection of capacitors, and I can use voltage regulators in the 3-12 range. I would love to get my hands on a few MAX2650 op-amps, and an assortment of zener diodes. Also some Schmitt triggers, and Schotky diodes. As I mentioned, playing with this stuff is a somewhat new thing for me (2nd time around), so there's a lot of stuff I'll eventually find a use for.

A Fluke 87 would be nice. :smiley: