fatal error: LiquidCrystal_I2C.h: No such file or directory - Help!

Hi Guys, i seem to be going crazy here as i can not get my code to compile with #include <LiquidCrystal_I2C.h>

On compile i get the error:

Chauvet16.ino:24:31: fatal error: LiquidCrystal_I2C.h: No such file or directory
#include <LiquidCrystal_I2C.h>
^

I can 100% confirm the file exits in C:\Users\Dev\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal_I2C.h

Why is the arduino compiler not seeing it?

So now you need to confirm the location of your sketchbook directory.
Look in the preferences in the IDE and verify that your sketchbook directory matches where you have created the "libraries" directory.

Yes the sketchbook folder points to the root of the folder containing my sketch and the libraries folder. Im still baffled at this library and why the compiler cant "see"it

shiftline:
Yes the sketchbook folder points to the root of the folder containing my sketch and the libraries folder.

So you are saying that the IDE preference "Sketchbook location" is set to:
C:\Users\Dev\Documents\Arduino

Im still baffled at this library and why the compiler cant "see"it

It isn't a compiler issue. The IDE tells the gcc compiler where to look.
Turn on verbose mode in the IDE and then post all the output of a build. That will show all the directories that the IDE is telling the compiler to look in.

I can 100% confirm the file exits in C:\Users\Dev\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal_I2C.h

They seem to have restructured the library structure (among other things) in recent versions of the IDE.

Have you considered putting the library in the recommended location? Check this out --> Installing Additional Arduino Libraries

Don

I've suggested to mods that they split this out of that old thread.

esilky:
Why is it so hard to display a couple small lines of status on a display that is so cheap and easy to purchase?

Personally, I've never once had a problem. The day I bought an I2C LCD display it worked with the good old Hello World sketch and since then I've used it in dozens of different sketches. I will however admit that back then I lucked on a library that worked, and perhaps you have (bad-)lucked on one that doesn't.

Since then, I switched to bperrybap's well known, well respected, well understood library that you will find in the IDE at Sketch > Include library > Manage library. Are you using that one?

ps edit: have you got the screen working in a sketch of its own?