Project 04

Tzyn:

nass:
I have the same, I suspect it's either a weak 'green' component in the LED or our eyes are just much more responsive to blue and red, so they drown out the green. In the end I ended up dividing red and blue by 10 and green by 3 to make the different colours visible

Sorry about my noob question but, how do you know for how much you have to "divide" the colors, or you just tryed different values till you get the led glow white?

Open the serial monitor and look at the values. In my case, the r-g-b values are 131, 105 & 86, which should imply a reddish-green color, but it's more purple (reddish-blue). Getting white is very difficult, as the green element just doesn't transmit well (due either to our lack of sensitivity to green or to a weak green LED element).

I manually set the values to see what different ratios gave and the only way I could get a good green led was to set the r-g-b to 3-255-3. Even setting the red and blue to 5 made the light noticeably non-green.

To get a white led (ok, mostly white when looking from the side), I manually set the values to 20-255-20. Once the red and blue values hit 50, the color was noticeably blue-purple.