9 V motor help!!!

I recently bought 2 9 volt motors which are very powerful and I want to use them on my arduino duemilanove but the arduino can only supply 5 volts so I cannot run the motors on the arduino.
Could you give me some suggestions or some schematics on what to do to make these two motors run on my arduino.And it will be very helpful if you give me a test code to just check that both the motors are running with your suggestions and/or schematics

I am using and arduino duemilanove
I am using it on windows xp
I am going to use the whole thing with the USB connection connected as I want to issue my robot with 2 motors commands from the computer.

I have used the arduino for a bit, but I am still a beginner.

There are various ways to control higher-power and higher-voltage loads on the Arduino.

What control do you need over the motors? On/Off? Forward/Off/Backward? Variable speed? Variable Speed Forward and Backward?

The most general solution is an "H-Bridge" motor controller. With two outputs per motor you would have speed and direction control. Several companies make motor control shields for the Arduino and one of those might be your best solution.

I just want the motors to go on like this:-

{
digitalWrite(MotorPin, HIGH);
delay(1000);
digitalWrite(MotorPin, LOW);
}

and/or

for (int i=0; i<=255; i++)
{
analogWrite(motorPin, i);
delay(10);
}

delay(500); //Hold it

for(int i=255; i>=0; i--)
{
analogWrite(motorPin, i);
delay(10);
}

delay(500); //Hold it!

There is a simple book for the Arduino beginner for download, the last few pages include simple circuits, one of them (pg 34) fulfills your needs.

But I dont have a mosfet could you tell me how to use a transistor (PNP or NPN) to run high power motors.
Thanks

But I dont have a mosfet could you tell me how to use a transistor (PNP or NPN) to run high power motors.

You might try googling "motor transistor" or "relay transistor".

vishalapr:
Thanks

Yup problem solved using NPN transistors and external battery souece for the motors.