PLX-DAQ version 2 - now with 64 bit support! (and further new features)

Wingnut:

1. Is there a reference list of the commands that can be sent to PLX-DAQ?
  2. I note that when I press connect it forces a reset on the Arduino. How is that achieved?
  3. I note that when I press "Clear Columns", whilst the columns are cleared the next line of data to appear carries on from the row it was at and not back at row 2. Is that a bug?

Hi Graham,
thanks for the feedback! Regarding your questions:

• Yes there is, please take a look at the BeginnersGuide attached to the download section. There are many commands (might even be all) explained.
  • Serial Communication specifies DTR circuit by which a device can be put into reset state. If you are technically interested take a look into the code, there is visible how the flag is translated (into value) and transmitted. Currently I don't have access to the code and can't look myself, sorry
  • Basically no, that function is supposed to clear columns while not logging. To clear by Arduino side during run there is Clearsheet and Cleardata command. However if cleared by PLX DAQ / user during run it might be better to start anew at the second line. Guess I could change that in the future version

@drizzer: most important is it is working :slight_smile: However your code looks extremely .... workaround-ish if there is something like that :smiley:

In that case you could also try this:

Serial.print("DATA,DATE,TIME,");
Serial.print(inArray[0]);
Serial.print(", ");
Serial.print(inArray[1]);
Serial.print(", ");
Serial.print(inArray[2]);
Serial.print(", ");
Serial.print(inArray[3]);
Serial.println(",AUTOSCROLL_20");

But that way you only read the first 4 entries! In case your buffer size is bigger you might not transfer all data.
Even better (more readable) would be:

Serial.println ( (String) "DATA,DATE,TIME," + inArray[0] + "," + inArray[1] + "," + inArray[2] + "," + inArray[3] + ",AUTOSCROLL_20" );

Greetings!