Go Down

Topic: I have trouble using arduinoCloud (Read 7816 times) previous topic - next topic

lsj10147

whenever I use arduinoCloud, It just print "Connecting to mqtt broker..." and do nothing.
I just follow https://cloud.arduino.cc/cloud/getting-started
How can I solve this problem? (ㅠ.ㅠ)

:smiley-sad:

sandeepmistry

Hi @lsj10147,

Please try it again, there was an issue with the server.

tm2017

I'm having the same problem with the sketch that Arduino Cloud generates for my MKR1000.

The board seems to work ok and can connect to wireless network (WiFi101 sample sketch WiFiPing works fine).  I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling the IDE, deleting the "thing" from the cloud / recreating it / downloading new sketch with new THING_ID and THING_PASSWORD, but still no luck.

I'm using:
MKR1000
Arduino IDE 1.8.1
WiFi101 library version 0.12.1 (installed using IDE library manager)
Arduino SAMD Boards library version 1.6.11
Wifi firmware V19.4.4, verified by CheckWifi101FirmwareVersion sketch

Any suggestions of other things to try?

tm2017

I'm having the same problem with the sketch that Arduino Cloud generates for my MKR1000.

The board seems to work ok and can connect to wireless network (WiFi101 sample sketch WiFiPing works fine).  I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling the IDE, deleting the "thing" from the cloud / recreating it / downloading new sketch with new THING_ID and THING_PASSWORD, but still no luck.

I'm using:
MKR1000
Arduino IDE 1.8.1
WiFi101 library version 0.12.1 (installed using IDE library manager)
Arduino SAMD Boards library version 1.6.11
Wifi firmware V19.4.4, verified by CheckWifi101FirmwareVersion sketch

Any suggestions of other things to try?
I'm not able to connect to mttq.arduino.com using the WiFi101 example sketch WiFiSSLClient.  After using the WiFi Firmware/Certificates Updater to upload the SSL root certificate for google, the sketch was able to run properly.  When I changed:
    char server[] = "www.google.com";
    to
    char server[] = "mqtt.arduino.cc";
the device never returned the "connected to server" message.  Not sure if I was doing that entirely correctly though.  Any comments are appreciated.

sandeepmistry

Hi @lsj10147,

mqtt.arduino.cc does not have an HTTPS server running, only MQTTS. To properly test you'll have to change the port in the sketch from 443 to 8883.

tm2017

Feb 07, 2017, 03:42 pm Last Edit: Feb 07, 2017, 03:49 pm by tm2017
Hi @lsj10147,

mqtt.arduino.cc does not have an HTTPS server running, only MQTTS. To properly test you'll have to change the port in the sketch from 443 to 8883.
Thank you very much @sandeepmistry.  I changed

char server[] = "www.google.com";
  to
  char server[] = "mqtt.arduino.cc";

and

if (client.connect(server, 443)) {
  to
  if (client.connect(server, 8883)) {

without success.  Really though, I'm mainly trying to get the sketch that Arduino Cloud generates for my MKR1000 to work properly.  I only started playing around with WiFiSSLClient in an attempt to troubleshoot since I hadn't gotten a reply on the forum yet.

Do you have any idea why the default sketch generated by Arduino Cloud for my MKR1000 would get stuck at "Connecting to MQTT broker..."?  My configuration is described earlier in this thread, in the Feb 02, 2017, 06:31 pm post.  I'd very much appreciate any suggestions you might have.

sandeepmistry

Could you please email the generated sketch to: support@arduino.cc ?

Then we can get someone to try the same set of credentials. Thanks.

tm2017

Could you please email the generated sketch to: support@arduino.cc ?

Then we can get someone to try the same set of credentials. Thanks.

@sandeepmistry, I sent the sketch last night.  Thanks for your help and please let me know if you need anything else.

Go Up