Go Down

Topic: data not shown in arduinocloud (Read 2919 times) previous topic - next topic

ppizzine

Hello!
after updating the arduinocloud library and wifi101 firmware to version19.5.2 on my mrk1000 (mr510pb), my sketch was finally able to publish data to https://cloud.arduino.cc/cloud.

My sketch is generated automatically from the tutorial online and basically changes the status between two words.

void loop() {
  test2.writeProperty("cloudLedStatus", "oh...");
  delay(2000);
  test2.writeProperty("cloudLedStatus", "yeah!");
  delay(2000);
}

when opening the serial port monitor, i am happy to see the messages:

OK, Published oh... on topic: ppizzine/test2/cloudLedStatus
OK, Published yeah! on topic: ppizzine/test2/cloudLedStatus
OK, Published oh... on topic: ppizzine/test2/cloudLedStatus
OK, Published yeah! on topic: ppizzine/test2/cloudLedStatus

but in the online dashboard i don t see any data coming in (see screenshots attached).
i tried the whole afternoon.
i remember having the same issue about 5 months ago when i was playing with my new mrk1000.
i do not recall this ever working.
thank you all for your support :/

pietro

ballscrewbob

The cloud is still in test / beta stages and there have been bigger things to concentrate on such as the re-merger of Arduino.cc and Arduino.org., The new online SHOP, and a few other quite important things.

Hopefully it may get some time dedicated to it soon.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

ppizzine

While waiting for an answer about my issues with arduinocloud, is anyone feeling nice enough to share with me other options for very simple and cheap cloud solutions?
I am simply looking to build a small dashboard with visualization of data in 1 second cycles and only a couple of times a day. no historic needed, ie.data is visualized and then updated when the new value is received. nothing stored long time.
so to summarize: I am looking at simply four numeric variables, 1 second update cycle, 2x a day for 5 minutes.
thanks to you all.
pietro

ballscrewbob

There are quite a few options.
Most of the FREE ones have limits eg. no more than 1 post per 15 seconds or only so many devices per user. Or they get to a point where its PAY TO PLAY after so much use.

I use Thingspeak myself for more historic data sets but graphical wise its not the best.
However to can post process too on there and send to other things such as your phone etc.

EasyIOT is another that I use and that can be manipulated quite well in a similar light to Thingspeak but with better options for sending control signals BACK to the IOT device.

There are of course other options out there too. It would be up to you to work out if its better to use a pay service (lots of those out there) or if you could manage with the free ones.

Your term of reference is "IOT" for most of these things.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

ppizzine

750+ views and still no answer.
am i the only one having this issue?
thanks for sharing :)

ballscrewbob

Was my answer not what you wanted ?

If not try being a little bit more specific.
Maybe supply your current sketch using CODE TAGS ( </> ) so somebody might be able to see if that is the issue  or if you are on CREATE a shared link would also be a great option.
Partial sketches are often not enough for people to even be interested in looking at as they never give a complete picture of what is happening.

As far as the data frequency I find your statement a little confusing "1 second update cycle, 2x a day for 5 minutes."

Is that that the sketch is going to operate for 5 minutes only twice per day and supply data at 1 second intervals for that 5 minutes ?

If so, then whilst possible you may find the 1 second intervals restrictive depending on your connections to the cloud of your choice for reasons mentioned earlier. A better option might be to store that block of data and then send it as a whole stream when the 5 minute period is up and let the server end do the work of parsing the data into a usable form.

As with all things Arduino software wise there are often no specific time frames for work to be done and often another issue or issues may take precedent on development.

Isaac100

Not working for me right now either

ballscrewbob

Anything in particular Issac or should I guess a little harder.

Loads up here at least in Canada.

Isaac100

I have a TMP36 setup with my arduino yun shield and it sends the data to arduino cloud, but when I upload a sketch that has worked before (and my thing id and password haven't changed) the values just dont show up and my yun shield doesn't connect to arduino cloud, and I have no idea why.

ballscrewbob

I might be wrong but is it still the same key ?
Thought they changed per project and if its a different sketch then isn't that a different project and key ?

Its still way to twitchy for me to partake on cloud much so I use alternatives.

Go Up