Breaking up a project in classes / files

@ 0x80,

I am not an expert programmer in any way. However, I,ve been working on a large project myself for some time. The way I break up the code into managable chunks is by adding tabs and naming them as .h files only. (no .cpp files) You can manage the tabs in what ever fashion you choose. By related functions, particular hardware device, etc. What you need to do for this to work is put a #include for each tab in the main .pde. Also, #include any libraries used by those tabs in the main .pde. If you get errors in a particular tab for functions used by a library in that tab, then #include the library in that tab instead of the main .pde. This has been working for me very well. One more thing, when you #include the tabs you have created in the main .pde,
use qoutes instead of <>. For example #include "myTab.h" not the usual #include <myTab.h>. I believe (pretty sure) the reason for this is the quotes instruct the compiler to look for the included files in the local folder instead of the libraries folder. Maybe someone with more experience than I can explain this better. As I said above, I've been managing large coding projects successfully in this manner for some time now with no problem (except for my own coding mistakes ::slight_smile: ).

Hope this helps,
DJ