Arduino DUE, ENC28J60 and UIPEthernet

Well, I answer myself, I tried this version of the library and it worked the first try !
I tried the example to show WIZNET analog inputs and it worked fine but replacing the include UIPethernet include ethernet. hope this works for someone else.

Greetings from Chile!

only worked about 5 minutes and then crashes, I need to reset to get back to work. =(
any idea what may be wrong? :~

nobody can help me? works well for about 200 requests and then gets stuck. probe in the Arduino DUE with UIPEthernet, I can access the page from 200 to 300 times and then stops responding (Arduino still working).
I think it may be problem ENC28J60 internal memory or something. once it hits the ethernet port light continues to flash.
someone who can help me? :frowning:

finally seems to be a problem with the speed of the SPI bus.
in the library was set to about 8 MHz, change the divisor of 10 to 21 (line 85 of file Enc28J60Network.cpp) leaving the bus at 4MHz. I've been testing it for hours and I had no problems.
I hope this works for someone else. :slight_smile:
Greetings from Chile

thank you for this information. As there are quite a lot of people running into freeze-issues that will only resolve by resetting the enc28j60 I think it makes sense to make the SPI-speed configurable.

regards,

Norbert

Thanks to you Norbert for make it easy for us.
but again with the problem. I turned it off for a week, and when i turn it on just as before, run a couple of loads and then freezes as before. the ARDUINO DUE is good, the same code works fine with WIZNET, and whith ARDUINO duemilanove ENC28J60 runs smoothly with library " Ethershield and ETHER_28J60".
i slow down the SPI bus to 1 MHZ, but the problem persist.
i don´t know what more can i do.... :~

I've fixed a bug that led to failure of enc28j60 chip so you may want to check out new version 1.59 now.

regards,

Norbert

Can someone describe the wiring scheme for ENC28J60 and Arduino Due?
Thanks

Regards
Nicolò

Can i have an help me too? I've buyed the enc28j60 but i dont know how to configure it with arduino due. And i dont know what kind of libraries i had to use. Please help me :slight_smile:

Olbaid - you don't say what package style of ENC28J60 you have bought (or perhaps you bought the PicTail daughter board). I would suggest that you look at the ENC28J60 data sheet on the Microchip site as it contains all of the chip pin descriptions, or the PicTail data sheet.
For a library, have you looked at the link in response #7 (two above your post)?
Susan

ty for your answer. I solved my problem about the libraries. About the pinmapping, i follow http://arduino.cc/en/Hacking/PinMappingSAM3X here, but so i've use
25 - SO
26 - SI
27 - SCK
28 - CS
vcc - 3.3 V
gnd - GND

But this doesnt work. How do u think id to proceed?

nobody else?

Olbaid - Perhaps others )like me) don't look at this over the weekend.
However, you still have not given us very much to go on. You mention the pins on the DUE side of things but not what type of board you might be using to holds the ENC28J60 (if any).
If you are using a Pictail (or similar) board then you will need to look at the data sheet to see what pins need to be connected.
If you are using the chip directly, then there are a number of other connections that are required (crystal etc.).
Either way, the ENC28J60 also needs "\RESET" and "\INT" (Interrupt) connections and you have not mentioned those.
Susan

Ty for your help, i have Arduino due and http://www.ebay.it/itm/271638435780?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I've read in web that the common connections for ENC28J60 are SO SI SCK CS VCC GND, so i read
here

and here

and here

to understand that, in arduino due,u can use pins 4, 10, and 52 for CS.

The i've tried to understand what do the libraries, the only one i've find in web (UIPEthernet 1.51) and the methods i'll use to program, thinking the problems are in how to use it.
But i dont understand the problem.
However i'm a stubborn noob that want to approach to arduino, but i dont want to wait for other compatible ethernet shield.
ty in advance :slight_smile:

I have looked at the EBay page you have referenced but the only part number I can see is the RJ45 connector. Therefore I have to assume that all you can go by are the labels on the 12-pin connector on that device.
However I cannot read the labels on the board that relate to that connector (at least not in the photo on the EBay page).
Is there another part number (perhaps screen-printed) on the board?
Are you able to list out the pins and the corresponding labels?
The pins that you have listed are only those used for power (Vcc whihch the device labels as Vdd and Gnd) and the SPI interface (SO, SI, SCK and \CS).
As I mentioned before, the ENC28J60 itself requires an "\INT" line back to the processor to tell it that something has been received, and also a "\RESET" line from the processor that is normally used as part of the initialisation process.
It might be that there is a pull-up on the "\RESET" line which would help you, but I'm almost certain that you will need to connect up the "\INT" line back to the processor.
For your interest, the current data sheet for the ENC28J60 itself is at http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/39662e.pdf. Of course there may be some circuitry on your board between the connector and the device itself but ultimately the signals need to be connected to the pins on the device itself. (From the look of the picture it is either the SOIC or SSOP package but the pin connections for the ENC28J60 are the same for both.)
Susan

Olbaid - I have seen you PM but it is much better to get the thoughts of everyone on the forum to assist you.
Can you please look at the device you have bought and see if there is a part number on it other than on the RJ45 connector?
Basically we need to find out more about that device than we can from the eBay advertisement. In particular what we need to know are the connections on the device: you have mentioned the power and SPI interfaces but there will be other connections and those are important for the ENC28J60.
Susan

the shield is here ( MINI ENC28J60 ).... Ethernet LAN Network Breakout Mini Module ENC28J60 Arduino Compatible - dipmicro electronics
But, thinking the connections i made was right, i tried to use this shield with arduino uno, and also with arduino uno it seems doesnt work, using with the same code, a similar shield. I think now, it isnt a connection problem. :confused:

OK - the web site you refer to shows a table with the connections that you need to make. The table includes the "INT" and "RESET" items.
In all of your past posts you have not mentioned these lines so : have you connected these between your board and the Arduino (whichever one you are using)?
(BTW - the images of the board in the URL in your last post don't quite match the images in the eBay URL you gave earlier although there are similarities. However I can only assume that they are electrically the same, in particular with the connectors.)
Susan

Erictronico eres de Chile!!
Necesito tu ayuda compadre, tengo un DUE y quiero hacer cosas y me he topado con muchos problemas, avisame al correo litto_77 arroba hotmail com