Arduino User Locations/hackspaces/groups/meetups

While I am undecided whether or not to add me to the map, I have one stupid question: How? (Seems I'm the only one not finding that out? Tongue)
I can not find any "add marker" or such? The only thing resembling, is the link "new" at the upper right, by the "My profile" link if logged in to a google account. But that only brings up a preferences window.
And while I'm at it, how do you add yourself to a generic area? You just put a marker in the middle of a forest or something? Cheesy

Btw, while going back and forth between the map and writing this, I noticed one can drag the little guy above the zoom-in plus sign, but how do you get him stuck on the map? All that happens, is that some image for an area pops up, and I'm still pretty clueless..

Right, you have to add the map to your maps then you can edit it. When you are editing it you can then add a blue balloon icon from the top left and once you have dropped it in your general position you can click on the balloon (in the top right of the box) and change it to a man.

The map by the zoom is a completely different man for google street view.

You've nothing to lose by adding yourself to the map. I just added myself near to where I live not on my house. The idea is so that we know where there are people close to us who use arduino.

Mowcius