Arduino basedmidi driven 32 pipe organ

Hey Guys,
How are you? I am new to this forum, and have been requested by my teacher to write a report on the following. Given that i have never even heard of ANY of this stuff, im pretty lost right now. So any input/answers/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the report he is asking me to do:
Internet based report that would discuss different solutions for using an Audrino (any model) embedded processor to interface with a MIDI input and then decode and output the MIDI signal to drive 32 pipes on a pipe organ.

He would like me to include the following:
Introduction
Definition of terms (e.g. MIDI, decoder, encoder, driver, Audrino, etc.)
Hardware considerations and solutions with linked IP addresses
Software considerations and solutions with linked IP addresses
Summary and conclusions: Give you opinion of the best hardware/software solution (maybe won't be an Audrino???)

Would appreciate any help on this. Thanks guys!

-Stephen

You need to investigate how to build a midi controller, and you need to publish it on a webpage ?
I assume that the "linked IP address" is the URL of a webpage.

To publish your findings, you could use: http://www.wikispaces.com/
It takes a few days to learn how it can be used, but you can have a nice webpage very easily.

Now your first question: Is the Arduino any good for midi?
The answer: Yes
Is there an other platform or microcontroller better suited for building your first midi controller?
The answer: I think there isn't. Arduino is best for quick and easy building a first prototype.

There are many examples and libraries for midi. You can ask questions in this forum at the "Audio" section.
Start to read here: http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/Midi

no he means use the internet to make a 10pg essay. thanks for the info, could u help a little more with maybe what equipment/board i could use?

Dit you already read this: http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/Midi ?
It wil work on any Arduino. But the most standard is the Arduino Uno.

i did see that, still doesnt tell me much. can you please list out what hardware i would need. that would greatly help

Gaxman -

While I realize you are under some deadline to come up with this report, I would suspect that your instructor want YOU to do the work. And it may also be that the assignmnet is really to do some work and find out just how big/small the project would be. Remeber - its your grade - our doing the work for you will teach you nothing but how to use other people.

Things to consider - what kind of organ? gat the wiring diagrams? without that most everything else is a crapshot.

Earn the grade - you WILL learn a lot. And it will benefit you for all your life.

im not asking u guys to do the work for me man, and no is a useless class. its a freshman, and im graduating this semester. this class/nor this project are going to teach me anything. So tbh, i wanna get it over with and never think about it. this is why i want pointers, not asking u guys to do it for me.

We are all Arduino enthusiasts. And it's always good to learn something new. So you ask us to help you, but you don't even like it.

Check again this page: http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/Midi
What do you see in the picture? An Arduino, a resistor and a connector. You also need a power supply.

gaxman:
im not asking u guys to do the work for me man, and no is a useless class. its a freshman, and im graduating this semester. this class/nor this project are going to teach me anything. So tbh, i wanna get it over with and never think about it. this is why i want pointers, not asking u guys to do it for me.

So, go tell your instructor that you aren't interested, and we can get on with helping people that actually want to learn something.

im not asking u guys to do the work for me man, and no is a useless class.

It sounds like you are to me.

and no is a useless class. its a freshman, and im graduating this semester. this class/nor this project are going to teach me anything.

If you think it is so beneath you, and you can't do it. What makes you think you deserve to graduate?
Man!