What is the best free PCB designing application..??

Fritzing is awesome. You can create PCBs,Circuit Diagrams,Realistic view and also you can write programs and you can upload it on your programmer. It also automatically converts b/w modes described above. It is totally cool.

"Fritzing is awesome"
Sure, just look at any of the fritzing schematics posted here in the forum. They all stink!
Most folks can't get past pictures of wires attached to little non-descript black boxes that tell you nothing of their functionality - not even which pins are B-E-C or G-S-D on simple transistor.

It depends on your project and PCB size. I have been using Eagle since a few years and it works very well for me. Nonetheless, you need to familiarize yourself with the PCB design software. But this may be true for other PCB applications as well. Usually, you should feel comfortable with Eagle after about one week.

There are also various Eagle tutorials on the Internet. Plus, if you encounter a problem, many Internet/Eagle users are willing to help you quickly.

A list of PCB design software can be seen here:-

Hope this helps!

1. protel、Altium Designer
  2. Mentor pads
  3. Cadence

Would like to recommend Eagle .Free Eagle is limited to 2 layers, if I remember correctly. You may want to go with KiCAD, the learning curve is much steeper than the rest mentioned, but is not a restricted version...

I use eagle for years and I am quite happy. What I really like about eagle are the good tutorials and community that help you get started. Also check out their webinar

Hello,

I am using Eagle, Design spark & KiCAD for my Free PCB designing. Check it.

I am using proteus..there are also some tools available online recently i cam across...here is the list
https://openhardwarelabs.com/pcb-design-software/

Proteus and is bit complex but has many features....i used kicad which is very simple and unerstable to beginners

Ok as there appears to be overlap, I am looking for a program that is great for circuit diagrams. Not just for our stuff but for motor vehicle wiring looms etc.

So what's the best free program/s and especially if itself-optimises the drawing that'd be perfect.

I like DesignSparl PCB

I use Easeyeda.com

Online and works very well for me.

I've used EasyEDA since last year and have been impressed by their service.
EasyEDA provides a free web based PCB design tool for anyone involved in electronics design and able to share the work with others. The tool allows you to import an old design from several other circuit maker tools, it has the ability to export the designs and simulation results in .PNG or .SVG formats, and can be a host for your partners and colleagues if they want to work on your projects.

They also can generate the Gerbers (which are free to download and can be used with any PCB fab house: there's no tie to EasyEDA). From within EasyEDA, the Gerbers can be submitted straight to EasyEDA for fab. It is equally possible to submit 3rd party Gerbers to EasyEDA for fab.

There are lots of examples on the site and a useful tutorial.

https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/

Free, no limits (non-commercial) PCB design with DEX

I’ve just changed the software license for AutoTRAX DEX. By default it is free with absolutely no limits except it must be used for non-commercial use. There are no time, board size, pin count, layer count limits. If you want to use it for commercial project then it costs only $49.

Latest version comes with complete Arduino Uno demo.

The website had changed to http://DexPCB.com

I have added vastly improved 3D including real-time shadows, reflections and texture maps.

See the video...

I would love to hear from you guys.

Iliya Kovac

I have been using Eagle for some years because there are many tutorials, libraries what I can quickly search on the internet. However, it honestly is not an easy to use or comfortable to me and not an advanced software as my point of view. It takes me quite long time to finish a pcb.

Welcome and appreciate with all your review and sharing.

Regards,

Besides the EAGLE freeware, there is a educational license you can use with an valid edu-e-mai address. It has the same features as the Maker licence (https://cadsoft.io/pricing/).

RoyTobby:
I've used EasyEDA since last year and have been impressed by their service.
EasyEDA provides a free web based PCB design tool for anyone involved in electronics design and able to share the work with others. The tool allows you to import an old design from several other circuit maker tools, it has the ability to export the designs and simulation results in .PNG or .SVG formats, and can be a host for your partners and colleagues if they want to work on your projects.

They also can generate the Gerbers (which are free to download and can be used with any PCB fab house: there's no tie to EasyEDA). From within EasyEDA, the Gerbers can be submitted straight to EasyEDA for fab. It is equally possible to submit 3rd party Gerbers to EasyEDA for fab.

There are lots of examples on the site and a useful tutorial.

https://easyeda.com/explore

立创EDA使用教程

I'm assuming you're a sales guy for EasyEDA?

I attempted to use it and found it to be utter garbage.

I taught myself EAGLE a few years ago, and after I figured out the basic functionality, haven't needed to look anywhere else. Granted, I stick with through-hole 2-sided, but it does that very well. I find making new parts, even esoteric ones to be relatively simple.

If I care about a 3-D model of the board, I just build it in CATIA.

I started to learn Kicad, it look powerful so far

AutoTRAX:
Free, no limits (non-commercial) PCB design with DEX

I’ve just changed the software license for AutoTRAX DEX. By default it is free with absolutely no limits except it must be used for non-commercial use. There are no time, board size, pin count, layer count limits. If you want to use it for commercial project then it costs only $49.

I followed the link and when I go to download it says that it isn't the full version.

"It is the full version but without plottings and Gerber output until you enter a valid software key, which you need to purchase."

John

The EAGLES's PCB Designing Apllication from Autodesk is a good one I think. However, there are so many drawbacks if compared to the premium version. You can try the free version, you don't need to upgrade if the free version meets your product designing needs.