[Solved] Data output over web?

Hello,

I have a arduino uno R3 and a ethernet shield on it. I have the webduino server running together with my application which works very well. With a analog input I measure temperature and output it over the serial interface. So I can watch the data on the serial monitor of the arduino IDE.

This is all very good but only on the local computer. I can't see the data on another computer in my network. So my question is about a possibility to output data like over the serial monitor, but over the ethernet to another machine. Can anybody give me some information on this?

Best regards

Elektrix

I can't see the data on another computer in my network.

Why not?

I have the webduino server running together with my application

I have no idea what this means, since you can only have one sketch at a time running. That is either "your application" (whatever that means) or the "webduino server". Perhaps you mean that you modified the webduino server sketch to do additional stuff. In which case, where's the code?

So my question is about a possibility to output data like over the serial monitor, but over the ethernet to another machine.

A server can't push data. The client needs to contact the server and request the data. The server can return a page with meta tags that causes the client to do another GET after a specified period of time.

Hello PaulS,

thank you for your fast reply :slight_smile:

At the moment I see the data only on the local machine because I output them via serial monitor.

I know that I can have only one sketch running at a time. What I meant was that I extended one of the webduino examples to do what I want.

I thought of some small window like the serial monitor that goes over http but I think your suggestion is the better way and probably needs much less code. So I will give it a try.

Best regards

Elektrix

Hello PaulS,

thank you very much!! Now I have what I wanted but in a much easier way than I thought before...
In my webduino script I created a second page named run.html. In the html head of this page I wrote:<meta http-equiv='refresh' content='10'> Just plain old html.

On the main page I have put a link with<a href='run.html' target='_blank'>online data</a>
With the target thing it opens in a new window. When the server runs I can open the link on the main page and a second window opens. Then it refreshes every 10 seconds and this is exactly what I wanted :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot

Elektrix