I cant upload anything to my clone arduino nano 328

Hi everyone, I have a clone arduino nano which has ATmega328 micro controller.

My problem is, I cant upload anything via usb port to my arduino. I used my other arduino uno as ISP and I successfully uploaded something via arduino uno to my clone nano. Also I successfully done some serial communication test (I couldn't find it now) with my clone nano. The test is basically to send some data via usb serial port and read the data back from the card which has been sent before.

So the card and usb serial port works but when I try to upload something, arduino software compiles the application but it keeps waiting uploading section forever. When I try to upload application using programmer (by holding shift then clicking the upload button) I get this error;

avrdude: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb"

I selected the right com port and board also.

Thanks!

Is clone design or modified to use the DTR auto reset?

What is DTR auto reset, I add a picture of my card

http://imgim.com/an87863.jpg

Looks like this.

"Is clone design or modified to use the DTR auto reset?"

DTR reset, resets the controller thus enabling the bootloader (which is responsible to load your compiled sketch).

Try this to see if the manual method works with your clone.

1. Before pressing Upload (in the IDE).
  2. Hold down the Reset switch (on the clone).
  3. Press Upload (in the IDE).
  4. Release the Reset switch when the IDE displays Uploading.

I did it and this is the result :drooling_face:

Binary sketch size: 2.772 bytes (of a 30.720 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

I used my other arduino uno as ISP and I successfully uploaded something via arduino uno to my clone nano.

I don't know if this over-wrote your bootloader, if it did you can burn the bootloader then try the manual method suggested.

Perhaps others can suggest a fix.

LarryD:

I used my other arduino uno as ISP and I successfully uploaded something via arduino uno to my clone nano.

I don't know if this over-wrote your bootloader, if it did you can burn the bootloader then try the manual method suggested.

Perhaps others can suggest a fix.

I have tried before, I guess I won't be able to solve this problem. I will keep using my uno as ISP. We better to be careful about what we buy. That nano was 5 dollars :slight_smile: