Arduino Controller android app

RB:
SUPERB!!

Thank you Marque!!!

This is just what I needed. I just started on my room-automation project today, so I'm sure I'll come up with some suggestions soon enough :slight_smile:

I tried rating the app, but unfortunately i don't have a Google+ account as yet -- will get around to that soon!

Thanks,
R

PS - Though I've made some changes and its working great, i have no clue what the following code does. Could you please explain it to me in just a brief overview sentence or two? Thanks!

{readString.concat(c);}

if (c == 'H')
         {
           Serial.println();
           int Is = readString.indexOf("/");
           int Iq = readString.indexOf("?");
           int Ib = readString.indexOf("b");    //arduino looks for a b
           int Ic = readString.indexOf("c");    //arduino looks for a c
           if(readString.indexOf("?") > 1)
           {
             if (Ib == (Iq+1))                          // if there is a b
             {
               char carray[5];
               readString.toCharArray( carray,5,(Ib+1));    // read the value after the "b"
               Serial.println(carray);
                valueB = atof(carray);                              //set the found value to variable "valueB"
               Serial.print("B is now: ");
               Serial.println(valueB);                                  //print the found value
               client.print (content_main_top);
               client.print("B is now: ");
               client.print(valueB);
             }
            else if (Ic == (Iq+1))                                            // the same for "c"
             {
               char carray[5];
               readString.toCharArray( carray,5,(Ic+1));
               Serial.println(carray);
                valueC = atof(carray);
               Serial.print("C is now: ");
               Serial.println(valueC);
               client.print (content_main_top);
               client.print("C is now: ");
               client.print(valueC);
             }

in thise piece of code you can set two variable with you android app. In the settings screen you can set a prefix in the two textboxes top right. in the first one put a "b" and in the second one put a "c". on the main screen you can put a value in the two text views top left and hit the send button. the app will send a HTTP GET request in the following format: "http://yourip:yourport/?prefixvalue" , "http://192.168.1.120:80/?b2800". where the "b" is the prefix you have set in the settingsscreen and 2800 is the value you set in the main screen. The arduino sketch will look for a "b" or a "c" and sets the variable to the value that follows.
I have commented the code above, hope it clears it up for you.