Arduino 1.5 with Arduino USB-RS232 not being reset on download

Hi,
I have an older Arduino with a RS232 which I am using with Arduino 1.5 Beta & Win 7. I use one of two types of USB - RS232 convertors.
The first time I download a sketch all is OK. The next time I do it it hangs in the download after compile.
I can get around it in two ways.

• Pull out the USB connector & re-insert it. It will then work one more time!
  • Open up the terminal & close again. It will then work one more time!

I checked the reset line with a logic pulse and basically the work arounds give me a reset pulse, whereas when I do a download without a
workaround, I do not get a reset pulse on doing a download.
I had not experience this problem whilst I was using an Arduino Uno so, I changed the boot loader from a very old bootloader
to optiboot with ATmega328P (which now makes it an uno) and I still have the problem.
I tried both my USB to RS232 cnvertors, same problem.
I have only noticed this phenomena since upgrading from V1.03 to V1.5
When I reverted back to V1.03 it works fine.
So, it seems that there could be an issue with V1.5 not giving a sufficient reset pulse.
Lee

Keep using 1.03? That's what I am doing.

That is the current "work around" Nick.
By the way, does that comment get to the developers or is there another method to report issues in Beta versions.
Lee

Clearly IDE 1.5 is a beta release to let people play with their new Due boards and is not suppose to be a replacement for the current production 1.0.3 release for all the other arduino boards. At some future time I'm sure they will roll them together for a single production release for all supported products.

Lefty

rexlee:
That is the current "work around" Nick.
By the way, does that comment get to the developers or is there another method to report issues in Beta versions.
Lee

Try posting an issue here:

Thanks Nick, I will drop a report of there. In the mean time others giving V1.5 a fly are warned! XD

@Retrolefty
Clearly IDE 1.5 is a beta release to let people play with their new Due boards and is not suppose to be a replacement for the current production 1.0.3 release for all the other arduino boards.
It is clear that it supports Due! However, it is not clear, that it is not supposed to be a replacement for the whole range of Arduino boards! The developers have not made it clear & I gather neither of us can read their minds.

rexlee:
Thanks Nick, I will drop a report of there. In the mean time others giving V1.5 a fly are warned! XD

@Retrolefty
Clearly IDE 1.5 is a beta release to let people play with their new Due boards and is not suppose to be a replacement for the current production 1.0.3 release for all the other arduino boards.
It is clear that it supports Due! However, it is not clear, that it is not supposed to be a replacement for the whole range of Arduino boards! The developers have not made it clear & I gather neither of us can read their minds.

Well here is the download page and it seems to be pretty clear to me which version to download based on the board I was installing?

Lefty