Go Down

Topic: fingerprint using arduino $xbee (Read 99 times) previous topic - next topic

Lamyaa

Hello everyone
I am new leaner in arduino even i didn't use it before.
Iam working in my final project , my project is about fingerprint
when student enter the bus will record his fingerprint , then his name and info will goes to database of website that's for driver and subervisor of busses .
iam searching about it , and i get some info but i don't know How connect xbee , database with websit , and how program each hardware
i found when i google it but spreatly How i connect it each other
can you guid me or give me hint , suggest me  :'(  :'(  :'(

Lamyaa

ardly

...I am new leaner in arduino even i didn't use it before.
...i don't know How connect xbee , database with websit , and how program each hardware
i found when i google it but spreatly How i connect it each other ...
This device can scan and store 20 fingerprints. The fingerprints scanned on one device can be loaded onto another.
https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/fingerprint-scanner-hookup-guide
Apparently there is a library to help use it from an Arduino.

You have not said how many students there are, how many buses there are, or how the buses are supposed to communicate with the database.

Really I don't think this project is very practical. Nobody is going to do it for you. You would have to go through a very steep learning curve and learn how to program the Arduino and any other devices you need.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley

xl97

20 fingerprints store locally is a bit a LOW threshold IMHO...
Also.. how do you plan to connect to ANY database while on the bus?

Does the bus have a local wifi network/broadcast its own SSID to connect to/use?

If you do a search here I have posted some (local) fingerprint/database code to help others with similar needed..
The files may be of use (or not).. not sure.

I would also say.. dump the XBEE and looking using one of the ESP8266 modules... much cheaper and huge community behind them.

Lamyaa

20 fingerprints store locally is a bit a LOW threshold IMHO...
Also.. how do you plan to connect to ANY database while on the bus?

Does the bus have a local wifi network/broadcast its own SSID to connect to/use?

If you do a search here I have posted some (local) fingerprint/database code to help others with similar needed..
The files may be of use (or not).. not sure.

I would also say.. dump the XBEE and looking using one of the ESP8266 modules... much cheaper and huge community behind them.

we just need attende students while bus waiting , on arduno i will use SIM to connecct to internet

Thanks alot 

Go Up