Go Down

Topic: First project with motors (Read 80 times) previous topic - next topic

DovydasR

Hi,

I am new to arduino, but I have some knowledge about electricity and physics. I want to attach four individually controlled motors(should handle up to 5V) to arduino nano, but as I understand arduino can not handle big currents. Thus, I created scheme of what I am planing to do. Will it work? And if no, can anyone explain my how to do it?

jremington

Feb 13, 2018, 06:29 pm Last Edit: Feb 13, 2018, 06:31 pm by jremington
Start with just one motor then build up slowly.

You need to use logic level MOSFETs, and a 150-220 Ohm resistor between each Arduino output pin and each MOSFET gate.

Use a separate battery or power supply for the motors and connect all the grounds together (missing from your scheme).

wvmarle

Also missing are flyback diodes, which protect the MOSFET from reverse voltage when switching the motors.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

3Dgeo

Hi,

I am new to arduino, but I have some knowledge about electricity and physics. I want to attach four individually controlled motors(should handle up to 5V) to arduino nano, but as I understand arduino can not handle big currents. Thus, I created scheme of what I am planing to do. Will it work? And if no, can anyone explain my how to do it?
Priklausomai kokios motorai galios - taip pat gali paimti 4 optocoupler'ius su atitinkamais rezistoriais.

Go Up