Nothing works, are there sketches that work!

I am about to totally give up. I have yet to download a sketch that works anywhere for any of the things I bought. Why is this so difficult? Why can't I just load a sketch and have it work? DHT11 sensor does't work. HR501 RIf sensor can't make it work, have tried every sketch I can find. There is always some thing wrong somewhere in the sketch. Does anybody know of some sketches that will work and not have to hunt for problem solution. I can't believe others aren't having the same problem. I am a beginner and just started days ago. There is little documentation that I can find on any of the problems I am having. I did get some leds to light up, so I know my uno is working. Nothing else works, help!

BTW I am no strainger to programming, programmed with quick pascal years ago, I find the programming easy to understand. Just can't make anything work.

Arduino Uno, works
HC-SR501 PIR Sensor, no work
Temp and humidity sensor, no work
Stepper motor, no work
433mhz reciever transmitter, no work
servo motor, no work
Led's and buzzer, works

You need to work on one peripheral at a time. Show your code for one and we can help with that. There are too many to answer. If you can get one to work then maybe your new understanding will help with the rest. Be ready to show how it is wired to the Arduino and show your code.

Maybe connections are wrong? Pictures?

Cheers,
Kari

Turns out most of these sketches online are programed in older versions of the IDE software that are not compatable. Downloaded the older version 0022 and got some of them to work. If anyone is having trouble I highly suggest the three tutorials by mjlorton on YouTube Arduino Tutorial #1 - Getting Started and Connected! - YouTube these answered a lot of questions for a beginner and where very helpful.

fastmike75:
I am about to totally give up. I have yet to download a sketch that works anywhere for any of the things I bought. Why is this so difficult? Why can't I just load a sketch and have it work? DHT11 sensor does't work. HR501 RIf sensor can't make it work, have tried every sketch I can find.

This is too general. I find most stuff works. Sometimes (due to the rate of change) you need to update libraries/sketches to match current developments. Or, downgrade the IDE.

Start with a specific sketch, post it, describe the hardware, show any error messages, show what you expect and what actually happens.

How to use this forum