New forum starting 1/24

I have an uneasy feeling about this new forum. I, for one, like the simple look and feel of this forum, as well as the old Processing forum. When Processing started their new forum, I tried to port over but felt the new forum looked strange. Maybe it is just my reading habit being influenced by formats.

Hoping for the best.

FYI: Topic in "deep discussion" on this post in news.
http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1295350891

Change can be difficult for many. I will just keep a open mind and try and work with whatever they come up with.

It would seem that it would be quite a loss if all searchable information from past posts are no longer avalible, but such is life. Our digital data is never forever in context of the universe.

Lefty

Anything is better than this forum (the software not the content) - has to be one of the worst I frequent.

Anything is better than this forum (the software not the content) - has to be one of the worst I frequent.

That is only because you probably didn't get to experience the site performance from a couple of years ago!

What we presently have is heads and shoulders above what we had to suffer with back then. :wink:

What we presently have is heads and shoulders above what we had to suffer with back then.

I agree.

A forum that allows uploads would be a welcome change.

Can't wait to see the new one :slight_smile:

Will it have 'new posts' button. It really needs 1. lol

The search on this forum is not working as well as it should. Say you search hardware board for something, oh, you can't, you have to search the whole site. I sometimes remember i saw a post a while ago and wanted to find it and searched it. Too many came up. If I can specify board, date range and else, it'd be much more powerful.

that is the way it used to be, but it did not have enough duh factor in it so they switched to google, which gives you 176 pages of tripe wheneve you search for something

Loosing old info on a forum is never really nice, yet I am a member to quite a couple of forums, mostly motorcycle related, and whenever you can't find info, you merely post a new thread. You either get someone who has a link to the info or someone who tells you what you need to know.

A side question, with the Suzuki DR650SE, there is a dedicated Wiki page...is this true for the Arduino? Could be something to look into to capture information which then frees the forum to be updated and changed in the future.

Waiting the new forum

News: MOVING TO A NEW FORUM, PLEASE CHECK THIS BLOG POST: Forum Migration Scheduled for Jan 24th | Arduino Blog...

jeckson

I have an uneasy feeling about this new forum. I, for one, like the simple look and feel of this forum, as well as the old Processing forum. When Processing started their new forum, I tried to port over but felt the new forum looked strange. Maybe it is just my reading habit being influenced by formats.

Hoping for the best.

I agree. Also hoping for the best.