Go Down

Topic: My MKR1000 wont let files be uploaded to it, please help! (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

SmokingKrills

Apr 02, 2018, 05:40 am Last Edit: Apr 05, 2018, 03:46 pm by SmokingKrills
I've tried many time to solve the issue by myself, but every time it's a flop.
  • The built-in LED is on
  • The MKR1000 won't show up in COM & LPT or even in Unknown Devices
  • Cable seems to be working with on other devices
  • I tried uninstalling the Arduino IDE and restarting my PC, and that failed

Please help.

ballscrewbob

A few more details required such as OS and USB connection type 2.0, 3.0 etc.

When this post is moved to the correct section there are a few posts you might want to read that may be helpful.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

SmokingKrills

Apr 03, 2018, 05:30 am Last Edit: Apr 03, 2018, 05:38 am by SmokingKrills
Yeah, I only use USB 2.0.

My cable is a data cable as well.

And I read the FAQ, tried to quick press the RST  button two times, nothing happened.
But thanks anyways for the reply

ballscrewbob

It may take you a few tries to get the timing right on the double reset button trick you have to do it quite quickly.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

SmokingKrills

I pressed the buttons on the board faster than an eSports gamer... And result : NOTHING

RIP me

SmokingKrills

Somebody help me please I really want to continue making stuff, please!

ballscrewbob

If it fails to make the "NEW HARDWARE FOUND" noise under windows.
OR
Does not show up in device manager in windows either as a COM port or other device that needs attention.
AND
You have tried multiple USB cables that are DATA and POWER (they are not all the same).
AND
You have ruled out USB 3.0 issues by using USB 2.0
OR
You have tried it on other computers to see if they can see it.

Then I am not sure what else there is to try.

Bjain

Same problem with my MKR 1000 board.
I have tried all the mentioned solutions...

ballscrewbob

@Bjain

Not enough detail of your particular issue to make even a guess.

"ME TOO" type questions are useless so please add lots of extra detail.

SmokingKrills

My issue is that when I plug my board into my computer is that the MKR1000 board will not show up in device manager,  the 'on' LED is switched on, I go to the Arduino software and check if I still upload projects to my board. It doesn't work. I tried all the mentioned solutions, I'll make a list :

-The new hardware sound does not come when I plug it in.

-I've tried using three different cables off them are 2 data cables and 1 power cable.

-I only have USB 2.0 on my laptop.

-I tried it on other devices(two, both running windows 10).

-Also I tried to send the CPU into bootloader mode but that didn't show anything

Bjain

I have 5 MKR1000 boards.

2 of the 5  are not getting detected on any com port, doesn't even appear in any unknown devices category.

They don't even make any sound when connected, while other 3 are working normal.

I have uploaded program on them earlier, but now they act like they are dead.

On board LED glows definitely but they don't do any processing.

The sketch uploaded on them when they were working, doesn't work anymore on reset.

Double tapping reset button - doesn't work.

ballscrewbob

@SmokingKrills

In your case its pretty safe to assume that you have a dead MKR1000.

@Bjain

The double tap is timing critical and you could practice that on one of the working boards as you will see when it goes into bootloader mode. in device manager as it will come up with a new COM port.

Other than that you too may have a couple of dead ones.

N.B. To both of you make sure you have nothing else connected to the boards during testing.

Bjain

Is there any specific condition in which MKR1000 becomes dead..

ballscrewbob

@Bjain Thousands of reasons.

Over voltage via any components.
Incorrect wiring.
Placing on a metallic surface when powered.
Careless soldering solder splashes on the board.
Leaving in the anti-static foam whilst powered up.
Over exertion on the board or its components.

The list of things that will let the magic smoke out is as long as your arm and all of them only take a fraction of a second to do the damage.

Bjain

Well, I am sure there is none from the top 5 you mentioned, besides my MKR1000 is with headers, so soldering is also out.
How can overexertion on the board be defined.
I have read similar post for MKR 1000 not getting detected during a sketch upload due to  some error messages..

Is there any hardware based testing to detect the problem with MKR1000?

Go Up