Go Down

Topic: How to put in stand by the mkr1000 (Read 243 times) previous topic - next topic

timmy_93

I'd like to put in stand by the mkr1000 when I'm not using it:

Currently I'm trying to do something like this:

Code: [Select]
//RTC
RTCZero rtc;

void action() {
  Serial.println("Action!");
  height = getHeightAIO();
  weight = getWeightAIO();
  sendData(height, weight);

rtc.setAlarmSeconds(2);
  rtc.attachInterrupt(action);
  rtc.enableAlarm(rtc.MATCH_SS);
  rtc.standbyMode();
}

Unfortunately after standbyMode the board does NOT turn on. Where is the mistake?

ballscrewbob

Sorry for the very late reply but have you looked at the sleep functions examples ?
Also ensure your firmware is up to date too as there were some improvements that came with that aspect.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

timmy_93

Sorry for the very late reply but have you looked at the sleep functions examples ?
Also ensure your firmware is up to date too as there were some improvements that came with that aspect.
Thank you for your reply. I've tried and retried and finally I solved the problem (remember: never put a delay in the interrupt function, if possible leave it empty).

Unfortunately all my efforts were useless, from here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmWqkJ97Zsc&feature=youtu.be&t=822 seems possible to reduce the power consume up to only 0.5mA. I tried with the same sketch but I reach a minimum consume of 4-5mAh during sleep.

Do you know if it is possible to reach a so low power consume?

ballscrewbob

Only ever used the regular sleep modes as I dont need to be too concerned but if you read the SAMD data sheet there are some better explanations for other power down / sleep modes.
Its quite heavy reading but worth it as there are some clever things you can access.

Been while since I referenced that sheet (when the MKR first came out).

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up