Standalone Arduino Serial debug not working

Here is the schematic picture of my project..

Entire shematic

Why aren't you using the normal Rx and Tx pins? They are what Serial.print() outputs on.

How are the Rx and Tx lines connected to whatever serial monitor you are using? That arrangement is missing from your drawing.

...R

I dont use normal rx and tx because gsm library use software serial. And in arduino duemilanove ft232 use real atmega hardware serial for upload and monitor serial output

Nothing is missing on schematic. On the right side only is connectors for gsm click 2

bule:
...And connected Rx (pin 0 duemilanove w/o atmega) to Rx (PD2 to atmega) and Tx (pin 1 duemilanove w/o atmega) to Tx (PD1 to atmega) .

Have another look to confirm you actually did wire up like this.
If you did, then this is where your error is.
I can't tell whether the functions of the pins are as you stated in your implementation of software serial (and i don't understand why you need to do this, but that aside).
But you are saying you connected the receive to receive and transmit to transmit.
How do you think you will receive any signal that is not transmitted (because a receiver doesn't transmit) ?

By the way, there is something missing in your schematics.
Where is the second controller ?
And where is the connection we are trying to debug at the moment ?
An outgoing arrow with a label is not a connection if there is no incoming arrow that has the same label.
As for this, i can see something (to my taste incorrect drawn) that looks like a connection, on that right side going to your GSM.
Which means it can't go to some other device.

Show us a new drawing or a clear photograph where you show how you have wired up your setup (so not how you are supposed to wire it, but how it is actually wired).

bule:
I dont use normal rx and tx because gsm library use software serial. And in arduino duemilanove ft232 use real atmega hardware serial for upload and monitor serial output

In Reply #14 you said you are getting garbage with "Serial.println("Hello world!");".

Serial.println() uses the standard Rx and Tx pins.

So a better explanation of what is going on is needed if you are to get any useful advice.

And you didn't answer my question about how the data gets to your serial monitor.

...R

First of all.. I put back atmega on arduino duemilanove board and serial print work on serial monitor.
Next I connect another MAX232N on Pin0 and Pin 1, and again everything work.
But when I put atmega on my pcb I get garbage on serial monitor. Here is picture of my test pcb.
I start to think that there is problem with my pcb.

I'm sorry but your 2 line description and your pictures are meaningless to me. You were asked earlier for a full wiring diagram but you haven't provided one. And the one you did provide doesn't include all the stuff in the photos.

I have asked you several specific questions and you haven't given any understandable replies.

How am I supposed to help?

If it helps, think of me as a ridiculously stupid person who needs every little detail carefully explained.

I reckon I'm reasonably good at debugging. But you need to give me stuff I can work with. And debugging is a tediously systematic process - that's just how it is.

...R

Robin2 I am very sorry for my crazy posts, This kind of stupid problem drive me crazy. I am not an expert for electronic but I have a very large will to learn.
Can you please repeat the questions so I can answer you the most exactly.

Wait a minute.
How many max232's are in your setup (meaning both boards) ?
Doesn't a max232 invert the signals ?
And i'm also curious why you need this part.

I only have one max232.
Yes, max232 inverts ttl signal to serial for pc.
I need this part because on my pcb I only have AVR ISP for programming and I dont know what is goin' on with my code.
So I solder two wires (RX - TX) directly from my serial max232 to ttl converter to atmega. This is some kind of low cost debuging.
This is my first complex project in arduino.
I will draw block schematic and post it what exactly am I doing.

Make sure to write the max232 pin numbers you are connecting your wires to in that schematic too.
We need to know whether you are connecting to the input pins or the output pins of that max232, for this temporary debug setup.

Here are my images

max232n-schema.jpg

bule:
Can you please repeat the questions so I can answer you the most exactly.

No !

...R

It seems to be hard to show us exactly what you've built.
(the new pic shows 2 max232 and 1 pin layout for dip 16 like your max232)
We're guessing here, and that makes it hard to tell we're actually helping, or making things worse for you.

So, you've connected max232 pin 11 (ttl tx) to (remote) ATMega rx, and max232 pin 12 (ttl rx) to (remote) ATMega tx ?
Where (what pins of both) is your local ATMega connected to the max232 ?

Don't despair, just take some time to show how tings are right now.
And as Robin2 already explained, assume we don't know anything about that yet so put all in it.

So, you've connected max232 pin 11 (ttl tx) to (remote) ATMega rx, and max232 pin 12 (ttl rx) to (remote) ATMega tx ?

Yes that is how I connected.
There is no connection (max232 ttl to atmega)on schematic because I dont need it, but I soldered directly on atmega pin 2 and 3.

You do not seem to understand what (and why) schematics are.

There is a difference between schematics and wiring.
Wiring is about how to connect modules to each other.
These modules are probably mounted on pcb's.

Schematics show how all components are connected, so also the connections on a pcb.

You telling us that you do not need a connection between max232 and the ATMega on the same board (i'm guessing that is what you just did), tells me you don't understand the importance of schematics for debugging, and what schematics actually show yet.
You soldered pin 2 and 3 of an ATMega directly, but what ATMega would that be and where are the other sides of those wires connected ?
Showing the actual schematic would have made this question unnecessary, but now i still don't know what is connected to what.

So, still guessing this is what you want, and still creating confusion:
Did you connect pin 2 of one ATMega to pin 3 of the other one, and pin 3 to pin 2 (do you understand what i'm asking ?) ?

Edit: typos and clarification

(deleted)