Your latest purchase (August 20th to February 11th)

I just dropped a bit on mostly small bit but I did pick some extravagances.

UV leds, red/green -and- RGB leds and a couple of tiny boards with Arduino compatible SD ready to connect via SPI, if I read that correctly -- $8 each. here: PJRC Store

So I'm waiting for the post, they all shipped by yesterday... won't be seeing them Monday unless it's Monday 8 days from now which ain't impossible. And remembering the things I forgot to order back when I paid the shipping charges.

2 boxes of this: http://www.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/8270_winchester40calammo.jpg

and a box of 100 12 gauge Federal rounds...

Well, off to go waste em all, cya later.

GoForSmoke:
I just dropped a bit on mostly small bit but I did pick some extravagances.

UV leds, red/green -and- RGB leds and a couple of tiny boards with Arduino compatible SD ready to connect via SPI, if I read that correctly -- $8 each. here: PJRC Store

So I'm waiting for the post, they all shipped by yesterday... won't be seeing them Monday unless it's Monday 8 days from now which ain't impossible. And remembering the things I forgot to order back when I paid the shipping charges.

That adapter looks great

All Electronics order arrived Saturday, that's 2 days after ordering and over half the country away. New meter only a little better (maybe I should get an analog meter?) and that being the continuity check, hold button and ability to test more things.

I got the $10 visor with light and choice of 4 magnifiers at Harbor Freight today. It should be easier than using the lens on a stand I have. The lenses are 1.2X, 1.8X, 2.5X, 3.5X. They can flip up out of the way or down to magnify.

They were out of the clip-on magnifiers. Maybe next time.

Well... FML, my Walther P22 blew up in my hand, so I guess my next purchace is either shipping to send it in for warranty, or to buy a new one...

I am making a SAD lightbox double as a general soldering light with remote control here is the LEDs.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220408382035?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
In theory it should make at least 8000-9000 lumen within the 40° beam angle ....

LED remote control: Suppose to be for coloured LED but it will let me select the number of roll to be lite.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170691140029?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Perspex mirror as reflector, easy to drill holes:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180579898692?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Large project boxes can be expensive so I will use A4 size really useful box, the cloudy while cover will double as a diffuser:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Really-Useful-4Ltr-Box-Fits-A4-Paper-Clear-Pack-5-/260659252266?pt=UK_BOI_Office_Equipment_Supplies_Office_Equipment_ET&hash=item3cb0808c2a

Also 4 18650 Li-ion batteries for messing around with:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180742201960?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Jeremy, it's a 22LR rimfire, how the heck did you blow it up? Get a round trapped in the barrel from a light load?

Is your hand OK?.. Now we know why safety glasses are a really good idea.

Small correction...
Now we know why safety glasses are a really good idea critical.

I actually had an ejected shell bounce off my forehead, bounce off the rim of my safety glasses, and poke me in the eye. Safety equipment should be used with the assumption that Murphy was an optimist.

er,...uh,....

I stand corrected.

I haven't been here in ages, nice to see this thread is still going!

I've just bought two arduino unos. I couldn't find the unused arduinos I had so ordered a couple more, then promptly found the ones I thought I'd imagined.

draythomp:
Jeremy, it's a 22LR rimfire, how the heck did you blow it up? Get a round trapped in the barrel from a light load?

Don't underestimate the power of a .22... Anyhow, the rim split, and the gasses came out the back, finding any way out that they could.

And yes, my hand is fine.

Don't underestimate the power of a .22... Anyhow, the rim split, and the gasses came out the back, finding any way out that they could.

Aw heck, I've had that happen in several revolvers. I just dropped them by a gunsmith for a look-see and they never had to have any work done.

then promptly found the ones I thought I'd imagined.

There must be some rule about that. Seems to be the way things happen to everyone I know.

I just ordered couple of 1 gig memory modules for my laptop. The gig I had just isn't enough anymore. This software stuff just keeps getting bigger.

Jeremy1998:

draythomp:

And yes, my hand is fine.

I recalled reading something about problems with the Walther. So I did a search on Walter P22 Kaboom. Good you weren't injured.

draythomp:

Aw heck, I've had that happen in several revolvers. I just dropped them by a gunsmith for a look-see and they never had to have any work done.

Well, a P22 is a semi auto, so when it blows, the gas doesn't just go out the side... it goes any where it can. I'm gonna make a youtube vid about how walther handles it, and review their coustimer service.

Well, a P22 is a semi auto, so when it blows, the gas doesn't just go out the side... it goes any where it can. I'm gonna make a youtube vid about how walther handles it, and review their coustimer service.

Good point, I never had anything like that happen with a semi auto. All my semi autos are larger caliber, .380 is the smallest and all of them are center fire. Never had one of them blow out the back, when they went nuts, they blew out the ejection port and drove my hand down.

Somebody remind me why we shoot these things.....

And justjed, really, Elmer Fudd language??? It was fun figuring out what you did though.

Damn it, gun people all I have is a 6mm electric BB gun :frowning:

(SRC G36 mod, M120 spring, 11.4v lipo, 900 rpm, breaking MOSFET) fun stuff.

draythomp:
Somebody remind me why we shoot these things.....

And justjed, really, Elmer Fudd language??? It was fun figuring out what you did though.

To be ready for the Zombie Apocalypse, of course.

And hey, one finds little pleasures where one can. I started using that when Google started rolling out some of their most obnoxious 'improvements'. They goofy language versions of the pages were the last to get 'updated', so it was a way to still get plain old search, without all the cruft. I'm trying to train myself to use DuckDuckGo these days, but I've been using Google since they launched, so it's a hard habit to get out of.

Jeremy1998:

Scary stuff, glad you're OK. Any idea whether it was the ammo or the gun? Sounds like the kind of thing that might happen if it wasn't completely in battery. Something that shouldn't happen if properly designed, but...

If you don't mind, can we keep this thread to be about "your latest purchase" which is somehow related to electronics?

OK, so buy something and tell us about it. Thereby changing the subject and we'll ramble on about that for a while. Got to be something interesting though.