Go Down

Topic: DFPlayer_Mini_Mp3.h HELP PLEASE! (Read 2414 times) previous topic - next topic

Jeep010

I'm a newbie, and trying to run a sketch/ program.  When I try to "Verify" or upload to my Arduino Uno I get the error message below.  I suspect I am missing the DFPlayer library, but cannot find where to download and install the library.  I've tried using the "Sketch -> Include Library -> Manage Libraries".  It installed a library "DFPlayer_Mini_Mp3_by_Makuna", but I still get the error message below. 

Any guidance would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Verify Error Message:

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"
C:\Users\harne\Documents\Arduino\OWLS_RR_13DEC17-2\OWLS_RR_13DEC17-2.ino:8:31: fatal error: DFPlayer_Mini_Mp3.h: No such file or directory
 #include <DFPlayer_Mini_Mp3.h>
^
compilation terminated.
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.
This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Grumpy_Mike

This tells you how to install a libiary, it is not how you are doing it.
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Libraries

Jeep010

Grumpy_Mike,
Do you know where I can find the DFPlayer_Mini_Mp3.h library to download? Going through the "Sketch -> Libraries -> ...." didn't seem to install the correct files - or at least the program/ sketch I recieved doesn't recognize them.   

THANKS!

Grumpy_Mike

You could always google the file name.
Have you restarted the IDE once you installed it?

Jeep010

Yes, I've tried restarting the IDE, restarting the PC, installing and reinstalling Arduino software (IDE).  I've done a Google search, and not been able to find anywhere to download the DFPlayer library.  I know it must be out there somewhere, but just can't find it.

pert

I've done a Google search, and not been able to find anywhere to download the DFPlayer library.  I know it must be out there somewhere, but just can't find it.
You really need to work on your search skills. It's extremely easy to find just by searching for "DFPlayer_Mini_Mp3.h".

Do this:

Note that the readme says:
This Library is deprecated. Please check here for the new library:

https://github.com/DFRobot/DFRobotDFPlayerMini
However if you want to use the new library instead of the DFRobot/DFPlayer-Mini-mp3 library you will need to adjust your code accordingly.

Jeep010

Pert,
THANK YOU!!!  It seemed to download and unzip fine.  Closed and reopened the IDE, and ran a "Verify".  Getting different error messages, but at least it seems to be finding the DFPlayer now, as I am NOT getting the same message!!

Jeep010

HELP (Again!)  Looking to hire someone who can figure out why I get error messages when I "compile" a sketch. 

I have two sketches attached.  One (sketch_dec30b.ino) compiles without any error messages, the other ( OWLS_RR_13DEC17-2) gives me the following (blank lines removed):
In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:257:0,
                 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\SoftwareSerial\src\SoftwareSerial.cpp:43:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\SoftwareSerial\src\SoftwareSerial.cpp: In member function 'void SoftwareSerial::begin(long int)':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard/pins_arduino.h:74:39: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type [-Wtype-limits]
 #define digitalPinToPCICR(p)    (((p) >= 0 && (p) <= 21) ? (&PCICR) : ((uint8_t *)0))
                                       ^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\SoftwareSerial\src\SoftwareSerial.cpp:319:7: note: in expansion of macro 'digitalPinToPCICR'
   if (digitalPinToPCICR(_receivePin)) {
       ^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard/pins_arduino.h:74:39: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type [-Wtype-limits]
 #define digitalPinToPCICR(p)    (((p) >= 0 && (p) <= 21) ? (&PCICR) : ((uint8_t *)0))
                                     ^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\SoftwareSerial\src\SoftwareSerial.cpp:360:6: note: in expansion of macro 'digitalPinToPCICR'
     *digitalPinToPCICR(_receivePin) |= _BV(digitalPinToPCICRbit(_receivePin));

^

ANY TAKERS?

Power_Broker

They all seem to be only notes and warnings. I generally have them suppressed as they can usually be ignored without a problem. Unless you see "compilation terminated", you're fine.
"The desire that guides me in all I do is the desire to harness the forces of nature to the service of mankind."
   - Nikola Tesla

pert

I always have warnings set to "All". They are extremely useful. But you understand the difference between a warning and an error and take the time to interpret what the warning is trying to tell you instead of hitting the panic button whenever you see red text. That is the reason why the Arduino IDE has them turned off by default. A warning is the compiler telling you "this isn't going to stop the compilation but it's something you should be aware of". I always fix all warnings in my own code. Even if it's about something trivial that won't cause any problems it will make it harder to spot other more important warnings. Sometimes there are warnings caused by a library I didn't write and I would tend to leave those alone after verifying it's nothing to worry about.

Jeep010

MANY THANKS to Power_Broker and Pert!!!

I set the warnings to "All".  This morning, I ran "Verify" on the problematic sketch and it only should an "Archiving built core...." message.  Going to try and upload to Uno, and keep my fingers crossed!

pert

One thing that can be confusing is the Arduino IDE caches previously compiled code other than your sketch until the board is changed or the Arduino IDE is exited. So you might see warnings caused by a library the first time you compile and then the second time you compile they are gone.

Go Up